Re: Sims 4 Installation problem

by MrPatrickJr

Original Post

Sims 4 Installation problem

★ Novice

Well , hello EA and comunity people, hope you can solve my problems because I really want to play :c

The fact is that, yesterday I went out my house and my youngest sister was playing TheSims4 in my pc , when I came back I've noticed that all my saves were deleted and when I started a new game they were a lot of bugs, so , I had no idea how to solve it so I uninstalled my Sims 4 and I installed againg, but , once the installation was finishing it appeared this error 

"Error: El paquete de distribucion de ejecucion de VC++ no se ha instalado correctamente. La instalacion no puede continuar. (1638)"

I think that in english the error is like 

"ERROR: THE VC++ RUNTIME REDISTRIBUTABLE PACKAGE WAS NOT INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY. SETUP CANNOT CONTINUE.(1638)"

I had follow all the instructions and posible solvings of this error but anything happened.

I updated my windows, uninstalled and installed origin again, the same with the sims 4 but I couldn´t solve it, and I don´t want to reboot my PC and have to install all my stuff again.

Please help me.

Thanks and good luck.

-Marcos

Message 1 of 10 (5,228 Views)

Hero

Hi @TheWanterGaming

Try starting Origin as administrator, then try again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,200 Views)

★ Novice

Hallo @crinrict

I appreciate your possible solution, but it didn't work, but thanks for trying help me, I'll give you some XP, don't worry, you won it.

Danke und Glück, Tschüss!

-Marcos

Message 3 of 10 (5,192 Views)

Hero

Try downloading and installing the vcredist_x64.exe from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

If it tells you, you already have it, uninstall the one you have and redownload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,186 Views)

★ Novice

It didn´t work ... I don´t know what to do :l

Message 5 of 10 (5,171 Views)

Hero

Try switching back to 32 bit for testing purposes to see if it runs then

• Right click on the game in Origin
  • Choose game properties
  • Change from 64 bit to 32 bit.

If that works, you can either stay on 32 bit if that's ok for you, or we can try troubleshoot some more as to why the 64 bit version isn't working for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (5,165 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I finaly found a solution for this super annoying problem.. I tried almost everything, from restarting pc, to uninstalling security updates from windows. Nothing worked, but after all i found a forum with this solution, which was not associated with this error code.

Working solution:

"try removing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable" from "Programs and Features""

By: CHASE_PAYNE

From: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777116/cant-run-sims4

THANK YOU CHASE_PAYNE

Message 7 of 10 (5,046 Views)

★ Novice

i been searching for hours on end trying to fix this problem <3 your a life saver

Message 8 of 10 (4,779 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, this worked nicely! 

Message 9 of 10 (4,122 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for giving an actual solution, all other posts i found on this simply gave a generic link to a website that did not help at all, legend!

Message 10 of 10 (3,416 Views)