Issues with opening cheat console

by Rosebunse

Original Post

Re: Sims 4- I can't bring up the cheat window/console

★★ Novice

I have the same exact problem: Sims 4 Digital Deluxe on a Windows 7

I closed my Sims 3-still didn't work

also....how many fingers do you need to do Ctrl+Shift+C+1230???

@Win7Sims wrote:

Press the speed control numbers (1-2-3-0) And tell me if they work. If they don't press ESC (Opens the Ingame Menu) and then return to the game, and try CTRL+Shift+C again and the 1-2-3-0 keys too. If nothing works, try going to Origin, Open My Games tab, Right click The Sims 4 and click Repair Game.

Also, you shouldn't return the game just because the cheats window doens't work. Cheats are just an optional thing, not a thing you HAVE to do.

Message 81 of 240 (3,406 Views)

★★ Novice

it won't let me click repair game-it's gray instead of black

Message 82 of 240 (3,406 Views)

★★ Novice

WAIT A SECOND I CAN HELP (sorry if this post is a little late i didn't check the date)

I was having the same problem and I was getting super mad at my computer. I tried all this suggested stuff and it didn't work. I saved the game and closed all my other programs and then shut down my computer, waited about a minute and then turned it back on a resumed. It works fine now. 

Hope this helps!Wondering

Message 83 of 240 (3,404 Views)

★★ Novice

My 0,1,2,3 keys are working, but I still can't open the cheat box. I don't have any other sims games, and when I exited to repair the game, it has the words repair game, but their grey instead of black and I can't click on it.

Message 84 of 240 (3,361 Views)

Hero

Do you have a screenshot program running in the background that could be interfering ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 240 (3,356 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How do I disable the skitch?
Message 86 of 240 (3,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The 1-2-3-0 worked what do I do now?

I pressed Esc and nothing happened.

Do I still go to 'repair game'?

Message 87 of 240 (3,342 Views)

Hero

If the cheat window is not working, it's mostly another program interfering

You need to disable that. Usually it has a EXIT or something on the program to close it but that depends on the program.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 88 of 240 (3,340 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ok ok mines was working the first time perfectly i was using them like all the time then one moment i had the cheat box on and i wanted it to go down but i was captivated by something on the computer so i pressed esc and ever since then it never pops up i press it like a million times on sims 3 it works but not on my sims 4 idk maybe its cause i have the demo and the people saw that i was cheating or i messed somrthing up plz help what do i press do :{

Message 89 of 240 (3,338 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah um the cheat box works on there but not on sims 4 it works on sims3

Message 90 of 240 (3,349 Views)