Issues with opening cheat console

by Rosebunse

Original Post

Re: Sims 4- I can't bring up the cheat window/console

Hero

@liannettepv wrote:
I have a hp computer and it doesnt bring the cheat thing and is really laggy..can someone please help!!!!plus it crashes a lot!!!!!(and sorry if you dont understand my english)

HP has some program that is conflicting but I'm unsure what.

For the crashing, please check out this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Sims-4-Crashes/td-p/3586547/

If nothing helps, make your own thread, posting the info requested there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 240 (24,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know its probably a bit late now but for other users who may have the same problem, have you tried ctrl + shift + alt. This sometimes works. I also sometimes have to use ctrl + alt + shift + c. Dont know why this happens it just does Standard smile x Hope this helps x

Message 32 of 240 (24,786 Views)

★ Novice

I am having kind of the same problem. My C key broke, but i have an onscreen keyboard, and I was wondering if it would work on that? If anyone knows any other ways to access it, that would be great!

Message 33 of 240 (24,780 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Shiandara, Oh man.. thank you so much for finding what was causing the conflict! I have Gyazo and didn't realize it had a short cut for screen capture! I have changed the settings on that and now the input window pops up for me.

Message 34 of 240 (24,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you enable origin in gameplay and repair the game? I can't find anything under the gameplay options that would achieve this. sorry if this is a dumb question.

Message 35 of 240 (24,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm running the game on a Mac, i also can't get the cheat box to open...never had any issues with TS3, and I always make sure Sims is the only program running when I use it. Could it be an issue of the right shift key vs the left shift key? I can't imagine that this would make a difference since it didn't in TS3 but it's the only thing I can think of (my left shift key is broken). I did try reprogramming my keyboard to make a different button the left shift key, and that didn't work either.

Please help!

Message 36 of 240 (24,705 Views)

Hero

What command are you using ? CMD-SHIFT-C or CTL-SHIFT-C (which would be correct) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 240 (24,696 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem on my Mac as well! 

The command to bring up the cheat box on a mac is supposed to be COMMAND-SHIFT-C... but it's not working. Nothing happens at all. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 38 of 240 (24,682 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG MAC USERS. 

I was just holding down random buttons and I got it to work! 

Try... 

SHIFT-CONTROL-C 

I know that's not supposed to work on a Mac. But for some reason it worked on mine. Mind = Blown. 

Good luck everyone!

Message 39 of 240 (24,679 Views)

★ Guide
I am on a mac also, I've tried all of the suggestions in this post. I still can't get the cheat window to come up. I never had a problem with this in the sims 3, but couldn't open the cheat window in the sims 2 ultimate collection.
Message 40 of 240 (24,624 Views)