Issues with opening cheat console

by Rosebunse

Original Post

Re: Cheat Box Won't Open

★★★ Novice

I've tested my keyboard, swapped out for a new keyboard, and looked everywhere for a solution. I've also spent hours on the phone with EA tech support. They finally suggested I post here until they can get a fix, as it's a known issue for some users. Thank you for trying though, I really appreciate it.

Message 101 of 240 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes ESC and the short cut keys do work.

Message 102 of 240 (1,468 Views)

Hero

Did they mean you should report it as a bug ?

Since you already ruled out external programs interfering or a general issue with your keyboard, I'm unsure what they wanted you to do exactly by posting here.

I'd say for 90% of people it's a screenshot program, for a few a broken keyboard or other interfering Software or mods in the game.

I had it randomly stop working in my own game but that was always solved by a restart.

I also assume you tried renaming your user folder to see if that helps and start a fresh save for testing purposes ?

If that is all the case, then I can only say, thank you for your report but I don't think I can help you further, unfortunately. 

Since support told you, that the devs are aware of it and fixing, then that's a good thing, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 240 (1,451 Views)

Re: Sims 4- I can't bring up the cheat window/console

★★ Novice

I am having this same problem. I was able to use it just a few days ago, and all of a sudden i tried and it stopped working. Please reply because I don't know what to do!

Message 104 of 240 (1,431 Views)

Hero

Did you try restarting your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 105 of 240 (1,417 Views)

★ Novice

Was working fine until sims 4 update yesterday

Message 106 of 240 (1,400 Views)

★ Novice

its not you , its a sims 4 update that seems to of disabled the cheat bar

Message 107 of 240 (1,401 Views)

★★ Novice

I think there is a  limit to how much cheating you can do in one game. Here's my story: :P

SO, I trried to play, but it said it need an update. I updated it, and started to play. I created a household and lots and neighbourhoods bla bla bla. Sometimes, a house costs too much money for my sims to move into, so i move them to a plain lot, do the motherlode cheat a few times, then get a sim to move household into the one i liked. So, I did that. And it worked ! (:D) So cheating stuff was fine. A few hours of gaming later, I try to use it, but NO NO NO NO NO Frown XD. I did ctrl+*+c and NO. Again, NO. NO NO NO NO NO. I feel that there's a limit to how much cheating you can do? Hmm... I haven't tried restarting the game, but I'm not doing it (can't be bothered) American keyboard and English computer (I THINK) . I know because on the keyboard the apostrophes are next to shift, and the @    

is next to 1 and 3. When I hold shift and press 2 Cat apostrophescome, and vice versa. My computer is DELL. You know how I know? Cos it f*cking SAYS dell on the monitor Wink help wa wa wa Frown thanks

Message 108 of 240 (1,380 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. 0123 work but Esc, Ctrl+Shift+C, C (for screenshots) and others do not work. However, they do work in other programs.

Message 109 of 240 (1,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried repairing my game and it worked. Thanks for the help!

Message 110 of 240 (1,330 Views)