Original Post

Re: Sims 4- I can't bring up the cheat window/console

Hero

Did you restart the game ?

Try repair game on Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 240 (2,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try restarting that game

Message 92 of 240 (2,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please Help Me. I have a Lenovo laptop that I got for Christmas in 2014 & I've been playing The Sims 3 & The Sims 4 since then. The cheat bar is not opening for me on both The Sims 3 & The Sims 4 anymore & I tried everything! I tried finding EA's phone number but I can't find it at all. Plus, I tried figuring the problem I'm having on my own but I'm so stressed out because of this problem. Please Help Me! It would mean a lot to me if you did try to help me solve my problem. Please. I tried using Ctrl + Shift + C holding them down all together but it's not working on boh of The Sims 3 & The Sims 4. Please. I need & want all the help I can get.

Message 93 of 240 (2,615 Views)

Hero

It's usually another program interfering in the back.

Make sure you have no screenshot programs running

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 240 (2,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there! So I had this same issue. Nothing was working, and for me, this was a deal breaker with my game. As a youtube, being able to set up story lines is huge. I then was reading, and it said any funky things on your top toolbar (Mac) can cause issues with the game. I simply quit the newer recording software and the cheat console worked fine, and I did not even have to restart my game. I know this is late, but I still hope this helps!

Message 95 of 240 (2,566 Views)

Re: Cheat Box Won't Open

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, Windows 10. I have exhausted all the options with EA support, including clean boot, repair the game, create another windows profile, removing the SIms 4 folder from my documents and placing it in the desktop thus letting the game create a new folder.  Case #  #22915763. I was told it was a known issues for some users and to post here.

Message 96 of 240 (2,538 Views)

@Jediblues

I've moved your post to this PC thread as the one you originally posted in was for Macs Standard smile 

Please follow the advice of others on here, the most common cause of your problem is screen shot software.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 97 of 240 (2,527 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you. Considering I already performed a clean boot, which disabled any non Microsoft services and programs from loading, I do not see how screen capture software could be the issue in my case.

Message 98 of 240 (2,523 Views)

@Jediblues

Ok. That's why I moved your post to here as I have no clue about anything Windows related I'm afraid. Have a read through the thread and see what other suggestions people have come up with. On Macs it's most often a broken CTRL key, a re-mapped keyboard, or altered Identifier Keys.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 99 of 240 (2,519 Views)

Hero

Do your other short-cut keys like m and ESC work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 100 of 240 (2,517 Views)