Re: Sims 4- I can't bring up the cheat window/console

by Shiandara

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

As I mentioned, I have a Systemax SYX CPU. (Sytemax is a North American computer manufacturer.)  I have no other active applications, but probably a fairly ordinary suite of background processes, ranging from Amazon Music Helper.exe to WRSA.exe (Webroot Secure Anywhere).

Message 11 of 240 (27,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Do you have another keyboard to try the shortcuts on?
Message 12 of 240 (27,082 Views)

Hero

Sorry. Didn't know what was a computer manufacturer.

Anyways, it could be any program so try without any background programs at all to make sure that's not it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 240 (27,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you both for your persistence. Standard smile

The keyboard didn't resolve the issue, but I was able to identify the background process that was disrupting the cheat console - in case it's helpful to others in the future, it was evidently the program Skitch, which is a screenshot editing utility. Disabling it has reenabled the cheat console for me, so I can craft houses to my heart's content.

I appreciate the help.

Message 14 of 240 (27,070 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
So, Skitch uses CTRL+Shift+C/Something to... Do something? Probably taking screenshots, or does it only edit?
Message 15 of 240 (27,067 Views)

Hero

Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 240 (27,065 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Yes, it takes screenshots as well as editing them, which I guess causes confusion in the command even when the program is not deliberately called to open.

Message 17 of 240 (27,063 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Crin

I'm having this problem as well. The speed buttons work fine- 1 2 3 0. But when I hit CTRL+SHIFT+C the cheat console appears as normal but then it disappears immediately so you can't type any cheats in it.

Any suggestions?

Message 18 of 240 (27,040 Views)

Hero
  • Did you try the tips to see if anything is interfering ?
  • Does it matter what key you hit/what cheat you use ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 240 (27,033 Views)

★ Apprentice
I opened task manager to check what programmes were running in the background but I could not find anything. Now I didn't disable all the programmes that were running either I just checked to see if skitch was running and found nothing.
Message 20 of 240 (27,029 Views)