Re: Sims 4 Granite Falls is not visible after download

by adavalos947

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Granite Falls is not visible after download

★ Novice
I bought the expansion Outdoor Retreat. It does show up in Origin under the my games tab, and the new items/clothes etc are available to play. However, the Granite Falls area does not show up in game in the manage worlds section. It seems to be just the world area that is not visible at all. Previously it was there, but locked and available to buy. Now it is simply not there at all. I have since made a fresh install onto a different pc and the same problem persists. I do not have any game mods.

Regards,
Charlotte
Message 1 of 17 (6,459 Views)

Accepted Solution

Could you maybe share a screenshot of your world selector (when you are on the map, in the left corner).
Can you go on a vacation with your Sim? (through the phone)

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (7,476 Views)

All Replies

All your expansions, game packs and stuff packs go under one picture in Origin. Follow these steps:
- Go to the 'my games' tab in Origin.
- Hover over your 'The Sims 4'.
You'll see a little screen come up with an 'i' and a 'play/download/install' button.
- Click on the 'i', you'll be taken to a different screen.
- Scroll a bit down and there you'll see all your expansions, game packs and stuff packs.
See if you can install the game through there. If it doens't work try right clicking the game in Origin, and choose 'repair game'.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 17 (6,443 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks a lot, but nope - still missing. Surely you don't have to buy and download them all in order, otherwise why would it be possible to pick and choose? (I don't have Get Together)

Message 3 of 17 (6,439 Views)

Could you maybe share a screenshot of your world selector (when you are on the map, in the left corner).
Can you go on a vacation with your Sim? (through the phone)

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 17 (7,477 Views)

★ Novice

Ah, I'd assumed it would show up on the manage worlds screen. It wasn't made clear anywhere that you could only access it via the telephone and even the EA help people didn't seem to know! Thank you very much for your help Standard smile

Message 5 of 17 (6,416 Views)

★★ Novice

i was having this problem too. in the top left hand corner of the mange worlds screen, when you are looking at the mac, there is a button that takes u to the screen where u can choose worlds right? the left hand corner of that screen there is a home worlds button and a destinations world button. my granite falls was in the destination worlds. hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 17 (5,985 Views)

★ Novice
Mine won’t let me use the phone to go there either only to the jungle and it doesn’t show up on my destinations button at all. It used to and when I clicked it it just went blank.
Message 7 of 17 (5,621 Views)

Hero
@adavalos947 Do you own the Outdoor Retreat game pack ?

If so, have you tried repairing your game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (5,612 Views)

★ Novice
Yes I do own the pack. And I have repaired the game taken out my mods folder and I have even uninstalled the game and back to my laptop and nothing. It was that frustrating that I gave up but even more because I pay for that stuff so idk why they make it so difficult for us to use.
Message 9 of 17 (5,596 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (5,592 Views)