Re: Sims 4 Glass effect?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Glass effect?

★★ Novice

So, in my game, it suddenly started to have glassy eyes. I don't recall how it happened or anything. I recently discovered that it's cover parts of my Sims' bodies (even defaults). This is not because of custom content or mods, I am 100% sure of it (I tested). I think it's something to do with Sims 4 Studio but I don't know how to undo it. I thought uninstalling would help but it doesn't. This effect is only removed with certain lipsticks from what I've tested. Anyone have any explanation or ways to help? 

Message 1 of 11 (3,491 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Sims Team

Hello @Jianeso

I've been told that this is by design.  It is the cube map that exists on all reflective surfaces, which may be amplified on higher lighting settings.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (3,445 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Jianeso

could you post a picture ?

Not totally understanding your Sims Studio reference and it not being cc related. Do you have the issue on EA only content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,479 Views)

★★ Novice

this is with the glass effect

this is without. i had to use a certain cc lipstick for it to go away.

I debunk my Sims Studio reference and think it has something to do with settings. I took out settings in the game and it worked fine. I changed them to how they were before and now it's back. (Hopefully you can tell a difference) 

Message 3 of 11 (3,471 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jianeso

try playing around with the graphics settings then: Laptop mode, uncompressed textures, ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (3,462 Views)

★★ Novice

Turns out it's something to do with the lighting setting. I turn it to low, the problem goes away, I put it on medium or higher, the problem comes back. I wouldn't mind having lighting on low but it ruins my CC hair and makes it glossy >< Any other suggestions? Frown

Message 5 of 11 (3,439 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

You said in your first post something about it covers your Sims body ? What do you man by that ? 

I have to admit that I can hardly tell a difference so if maybe you have a picture where it's more visible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (3,427 Views)

★★ Novice

This is CC eyes, there is nothing wrong. I just thought it'd be easier to see with the black! :D Just letting you know

This the lighting as you can see the squares inside the eyes.

This is without and the squares are gone. It makes the eye completely different. 

When I mentioned it covered my Sims body, it was just whenever I turned them around, I would see a glisten on their clothing but it's not really noticeable so that's not much of a bother. But when I put the lipstick on that removes this "lighting", it makes the clothes look normal. This problem basically just lightens things. I find it odd because a lot of simmers have their lighting setting on ultra, high or medium but don't have this problem.

Message 7 of 11 (3,418 Views)

Hero

I can see a slight difference between those. 

Maybe it has something to do with your graphics card ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (3,411 Views)

To me it seems a normal thing. The higher settings come with extra lightning settings, which you can see in the eyes. My best guess would be the higher setting eyes look more natural in game, but in CAS there isn't anything to look at so you get these glassy effects on them.

These eyes are the vampire eyes in my game:

eyes.png

I don't use CC/mods so I don't know the difference with that. As that is custom content (made by another) it would be normal that the quality is different than eyes from Maxis.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 11 (3,398 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Jianeso

I've been told that this is by design.  It is the cube map that exists on all reflective surfaces, which may be amplified on higher lighting settings.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 11 (3,446 Views)