Sims 4 Get Famous no option to change into costume

by suprrk

Original Post

Sims 4 Get Famous no option to change into costume

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Been playing get famous, in the acting career there's no option on the wardrobe platform thing to change into costume. Am I doing something wrong? The only option is change into towel and then I can't click it again afterwards. :-( 

Message 1 of 15 (22,367 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get Famous no option to change into costume

Hero (Retired)
@suprrk

- If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

- If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 15 (22,340 Views)

★ Guide
@suprrk I’m also having this issue :/ I’ve had this issue off and on since this game pack was first released (typically the makeup artist) but now it’s happening with the costume designer or whatever. This is extremely infuriating! I have Mods now but I have tried without them.
Message 3 of 15 (22,127 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SweetVeggieAmai

How did you "try without mods"?
You should move the mods folder to your desktop and then follow all the steps described above.
If this does not help, do a factory reset of the game folder
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA
Message 4 of 15 (22,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kreatoravimesYes I did all that. Atm I’m clearing cache files (don’t have any) and I already repaired my game (I know the drill). I only ever come here to report after I’ve done all this :P

also I had this issue even before I recently added mods. I only ever added mods to help fix issues in the game cuz well you know how EA is. 

Message 5 of 15 (22,083 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SweetVeggieAmai

But did you do the factory reset of the game folder? Files such as Options or other files in the game folder may be damaged and cause this error. Deleting the file cache is not enough in this case.
Message 6 of 15 (22,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue, I cant access the change wardrobe option on the platforms. I've deleted all cache files and did a factory reset of the game folder, then repaired the game. I don't use mods. still doesn't work.

Message 7 of 15 (18,032 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue now. I got my hair and makeup done but when I click on the wardrobe platform not a single option pops up. I did testingcheats true and reset the object, did not work. I deleted all the cache folders and spent hours waiting for origin to repair the entire game. I don't use mods or CC. No clue why this issue is happening

Message 8 of 15 (16,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue, and I tried the suggested above fix and it did nothing to help. So am I stuck not playing until EA fixes this?

Message 9 of 15 (16,692 Views)

★★★★ Expert

For those still having the problem, when you go to click on the platform, is there a wardrobe sim standing next to it?

If not, that's why the option isn't there.

There are several reasons they didn't show up.  I believe that job is assigned when you initially take the gig. If that sim dies for some reason between the time you took the gig and when you actually showed up, they will not be replaced and it won't work.

Also, most mods that claim to handle "npc spawning" will break that. Mods like NPCC will break it every time. NPCC should NEVER be used.

The best way to handle it is to remove ALL mods that claim to control NPC spawning like NPCC, then finish or quit that gig and take another.

Message 10 of 15 (16,666 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help