Sims 4 Games Dissapearing

by CallMeCrazy4U

Original Post

Re: [READ FIRST] Saves, CC/Mods or Library items disappeared?

★ Novice

Hi I was confused on part 6, could you elaborate? I opened my game and now my most recent data (family I created yesterday) is gone now. Any help is appreciated

Message 141 of 518 (1,503 Views)

@KarmaGonGetU 

Step 6:

Once you have successfully stopped iCloud from moving the contents of your Documents folder to the cloud you need to move the Sims 4 folder back into the default location - Macintosh HD > Users > [User] > Documents > Electronic Arts

The Sims 4 folder that was in your iCloud Drive now needs to be placed in the Documents > Electronic Arts folder locally on your Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 142 of 518 (1,386 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I promise that I read the whole thread first and also have made sure nothing is being pushed to iCloud and I have tons of storage on my Mac so that is not the issue. My Mods folder is completely gone for some reason after the latest Mac update. All of my CC is GONE - not in the trash, not in iCloud, nowhere...even the folder from where it would usually be is gone. My game is still saved but all the CC is gone so everything is disappeared in the game since I use mostly CC for building. Is there any way I can get it back? I had tons of awesome CC that I collected over many years! 

Message 143 of 518 (867 Views)

@peonyromance 

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*Mods*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 144 of 518 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Found them! Terminal is so useful and every Mac owner should know about it - thanks for showing me! Issue resolved!

Message 145 of 518 (842 Views)

Sims 4 Games Dissapearing

★★★ Newbie

Every time I make a new sims game I move in my household, play a bit, then save and exit out. I come to find that each time I launch the Sims again, the launch game button isn't there, meaning my game somehow vanished. Although, all of my game saves are still in the saves folder, why aren't they showing up?? There must be a way since I still have the physical save files. I use a MacBook and I'm not sure if iCloud has anything to do with why my games keep disappearing, as only one of them actually saved properly and did not mysteriously vanish overnight. Any help is greatly appreciated because I'm entirely lost lol 

Message 146 of 518 (711 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Games Dissapearing

@CallMeCrazy4U

Merged your post into this thread on iCloud Drive and the Optimise Storage setting. Have a look at the opening post on page 1 Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 147 of 518 (739 Views)

After I save and exit, saves disappear

★★★ Newbie

I just got a new MacBook Pro M1 and had an HP before, I re-downloaded sims and everything was fine, no packs transferred which I didn't think twice about because I had so many old ones. Then it kept freezing up every time I was in the gallery and I had no choice but to force quit and lost my saves. I spent a few hours building a house and restaurant and some playing and saved the game and went to eat. Came back and it only gave me the "New Game" option... I lost that save completely and tested it again. As soon as I close Sims completely and reopen it, my saves disappear. Any Tips? I literally can't save anything without it disappearing as soon as the app clos

Message 148 of 518 (581 Views)

Re: After I save and exit, saves disappear

@aliciaallenn

Merged. See the opening post on page one.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 149 of 518 (845 Views)

Click play and takes me to create a Sim rather than my current saved game - Sim4

★★★ Newbie

Recently updated my MacBook Air to Monterey. When I went into Sims 4 after this for first time I clicked play to play the family I had been playing for a while but it went straight to create a sim. I wasn't too fussed as I was going to start a fresh game soon. So I did my usual spent ages making a couple new sims then built them a house took most of my evening. Played it for a while they were starting a family etc then saved it (I 100% saved it). 

I have come back today loaded the sims clicked play and its gone straight to create a sim again, I can't find anyway to get to the map to go to my family again... any help?!

Message 150 of 518 (867 Views)