Sims 4 Game won't work with the June 2018 patch

by Supersim12344

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Game won't work with the June 2018 patch

★★★ Newbie

My cheats aren't working since the patch. I have NO MODS, and no cc.

Message 11 of 27 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact issue, I never had an issue with patches and mods in the past. I don't know what's going on! Can anyone help?

Message 12 of 27 (1,169 Views)

Hero
Please see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/td-p/6382726/jump-to/firs...

@redmouse6

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 27 (1,145 Views)

Hero

@Beachbabe89 wrote:

I am having the same exact issue, I never had an issue with patches and mods in the past. I don't know what's going on! Can anyone help?

Please refer to this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Usage-of-Mods-and-Custom-Content/td-p/3936231/jump...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 27 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have removed my mods from the game but its still not working. 

Message 15 of 27 (1,125 Views)

Hero

@chelsea18898 wrote:

I have removed my mods from the game but its still not working. 

What exactly is happening in your game ? Where do you get stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 27 (1,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The thing is that I took out all the big script mods, like the ones mentioned

I did add MC Command center back in, with the updated version, but that might be the problem. I'd prefer not to get rid of my mods, because I have way too many. Are clothes the problem? I do have a lot of cas/clothing items, but they seem to work just fine. I do have some custom traits, and that might be the problem.

But I would like to know, is it clothing and build mode items, or script related? Like, actual game mods?

(I took out all the old script mods I had and I don't have any custom terrain mods/custom careers)

Message 17 of 27 (1,112 Views)

Hero
Custom traits are always dangerous. Try removing those. Haven't heard of any major cc issues. Maybe some counters.

Did you check the list I linked earlier ?: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 27 (1,107 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I did check the list. I also took out all the mods listed on there that I had. I also took out my custom traits, and MC Command center, just in case

To be safe, I took out some custom skins, bc I read something about that. The only things left are clothes, hairs, accessories, and a few build mode items.

I don't think clothing is the issue, but maybe it's build mode items? I'm working on that next.

Message 19 of 27 (1,103 Views)

Hero
I would take out everything and then just add stuff back if it works. It's probably faster.

Also make sure to delete your localthumbcache.package file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 27 (3,693 Views)