Re: Sims 4 Game won't work with the June 2018 patch

by Supersim12344

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I think I encountered part of the problem, I did have the AlwaysFullEditMode mod and a few others that were kind of hiding in my folder. I took them out, and i'm gonna see if my game works. Wish me luck.

Message 21 of 27 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Good Luck.

Yes, that one is known to be broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 27 (801 Views)

★ Apprentice

That was the problem. Once I deleted it, the game started working fine. The problem was that some of my mods are like hiding in the mods folder. I'm gonna try and see if some of the mods that I took out but didn't delete still work.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Message 23 of 27 (782 Views)

Hero
Hiding as in not being visible or just hiding in plain sight between other stuff ? You might wanna try organizing them a bit in subfolder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 27 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This also worked for me!! 

Message 25 of 27 (768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue as well but it's a little different. I updated the game without removing my mods since I had no idea i was supposed to, when i go to open the game I get an error message. I tried re-installing the game but it gives "download failed" notification. But before i tried reinstalling i would remove the mods and it worked fine. (I didn't test out CAS and playing the actual game, starts up as normal.) 

Error message says,

" Unable to start: Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have

Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair

or reinstall the game via Origin.

[de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]"

Message 26 of 27 (713 Views)

Hero

HI @amsuui

I'm a bit unsure from your description: Is the game currently fully installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 27 (704 Views)