Sims 4 Game loading in Progress

by ittybittymuggle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Game loading in Progress

★★★ Novice

All day yesterday I was playing the Sims 4. SO I wanted to decorate my house so I was going to go on the decor store and I noticed I couldnt click on it. It was greyed out. So I decided to maybe restart the game. So I was going to click save, but the save icon was greyed out as well. When these things are greyed out, it specifically says "Game loading in progress". SO I had no choice but to close out of my game. All that work all day for nothing. So I try to get support from EA chat, but they arent being helpful. They just told me to get help through forums which I don't do. Now the help I was given was to clear the cache and delete files and restart laptop. I have uninstalled Sims 4 and reinstalled it and restarted my laptop again so many times. Those didnt help. Still have the same issue. Can someone help me?

I have attached what it looks like. I dont know what to do. I dont want to set up a new game. 

Message 1 of 9 (4,915 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Game loading in Progress

@ittybittymuggle  What if you load a backup version of the affected save?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (4,827 Views)

All Replies

@ittybittymuggle  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Do you have cloud syncing (to OneDrive or iCloud) enabled?  I'm not suggesting you abandon your existing save, but it would be a useful test to start a new save, play for a bit, then see whether you get the same error.  Let me know either way.

Message 2 of 9 (4,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

windows 10

Message 3 of 9 (4,883 Views)

@ittybittymuggle  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.  Please let me know whether you have OneDrive set to auto sync the contents of Documents, and whether you get the same error when starting a new save.

Message 4 of 9 (4,868 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had my one drive turned off. causes way too many glitches and cant stant it. I only have had this issue yesterday. not in the years I have been playing it

Message 5 of 9 (4,845 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have loaded other sim houses and its fine if I play them but just wont be able to with mine

Message 6 of 9 (4,832 Views)

@ittybittymuggle  What if you load a backup version of the affected save?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Message 7 of 9 (4,828 Views)

★★★ Novice

smart idea but I just tried it and didnt work. still has the same issues. good idea though

Message 8 of 9 (4,763 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried a old old save which was the only way and it worked. I would have alot of work to do but at least I dont have to start over. Thanks for your help

Message 9 of 9 (4,735 Views)