Sims 4 Game is Lagging/Slow

by Mango_Habanero18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Game is Lagging/Slow

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, Im having a difficult time with my game, as its slow when loading new areas and constantly lags. Ive tried clearing the cache folder, deleting the tray, moving the saves, tray, and cache to the desktop and back, the whole 9 yards. Yet still, my game lags. I do have my DxDig folder, though I think I need a walk-through on how to use it to fix my game. Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 22 (30,739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Game is Lagging/Slow

EA app Team

Glad to read that @Mango_Habanero18 Standard smile  I hope you can enjoy your game even more now!

Another tip: if you are playing in an old save game, you might want to start a new one. The newer the save game, the less information contains and the less the game needs to load.

-Mai

View in thread

Message 17 of 22 (34,277 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Mango_Habanero18  The dxdiag file is a description of your computer's hardware and device driver's for the hardware. While the dxdiag does not provide all information, it provides enough information to get a good idea of the status of your system. What means nothing to you might mean a whole lot to a person who works with operating systems. The fact that you can run dxdiag tells me your computer is a pc and not a mac. As there is an infinite combination a hardware it would take quite a while to explain the list provided by the dxdiag.

Message 2 of 22 (30,607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I dont understand how this helps me with my lagging predicament. Are you telling me that its not fixable? I saw another thread where the person posted their DxDig and was able to fix their game. Could you elaborate further? 

Message 3 of 22 (30,572 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also, if anyone could tell me how to stop my game from freezing even though the time continues each time children have to go to school, Id be reaalllly grateful. 

Message 4 of 22 (30,529 Views)

I think what @roberta591 was trying to say is that a DxDiag would be nice to have, so feel free to upload it @Mango_Habanero18.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 22 (30,526 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Mango_Habanero18  We have to start our analysis somewhere. We are trying to do long distance diagnoses and knowing your hardware could point to an issue. I'm not telling you anything at this point. Many issues can be traced to out for date drivers or improperly configured hardware. I have been scratch building pcs since the IBM pc was released and have been a computer gamer before Microsoft came to be so I think I have a slight advantage over the average user. The Sims games are very complex due to the addition of expansion packs and the fact the games are not linear in game play. The graphics system in your computer is complex and that being miss configured could affects the computer's performance. There are many things that can greatly affect the computers performance. I prefer to eliminate known hardware issues before pointing to the game. Because I am a user just like you I don't have access to the game code which means I can only go by what would normal game play be and if someone else is having the same issue and the fact that users can add cc/mods could also be an issue. My TS3 and TS4 I have noticed some minor bugs but nothing that breaks game play. My games do not lag and I can only remember one time TS3 crashed and that was before I put a power conditioner on my house. While we would like to help you with your lagging issue, lagging can be caused by many different reasons with many different systems and to describe what would happen with the infinite combinations of hardware would take considerable time. There are college level courses and A+ certification classes available if you REALLY want to learn about your computer. Originally there was the Disk Operating System which evolved into an operating environment. Your computer is a very complex appliance. Today's computer games have very complex coding and I invoke the Sherlock Holmes approach to trouble shooting - when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Message 6 of 22 (30,515 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Mango_Habanero18,

You mention in your first post you were able to get a dxdiag, right? Could you use the file attachment option (just above the submit button) when writing your answer to share that dxdiag with us? We can take a look and try to help you.

Reading a dxdiag is a bit long to explain, and it requires some technical knowledge about computers. You might find this interesting: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Academy/How-to-read-a-DXDiag/td-p/3325775

You also told us your game freezes when children go to school. We are talking about that issue in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/td-p/...

Let us know if that helps Standard smile

-Mai

Message 7 of 22 (30,493 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the links! However, when I try to upload the DxDiag file it will not show up in my reply. Maybe Im doing it wrong, could you please walk me through? Lol. 

Message 8 of 22 (30,480 Views)

Hero

You can also just c/p the content into a post.

Open the text file, copy the content and then paste it into a new post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (30,446 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

You can also just c/p the content into a post.

Open the text file, copy the content and then paste it into a new post.

It wont let me copy the document or the folder, I opened File Explorer and tried but nothing but the name of the folder shows up?

Message 10 of 22 (30,427 Views)