Re: Sims 4 Game hard crashes PC

by iZadiya

Original Post

Sims 4 Game hard crashes PC

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone! I'm really concerned about this issue of mine that's been ongoing for the past 4-5 months, I have a i7-1800 and a GTX 2070 and 16GB Of ram with 1TB of free storage and I replaced the PSU less than 2-3 weeks ago, so I know it's not a parts issue (unless it could be motherboard related?)

I've ran temperature checks and basic diagnosis tests, my HDD and RAM are not corrupted and I've done a fresh install, turned off the game overlay for origin and reinstalled origin.

But even with my current set up I can only run TS4 on medium and on laptop mode, but even then only for a couple of hours then it hard crashes my PC and it restarts. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

(This tends to Happen times when game rendering spikes)

I've removed esent as well and it appears to work for most games minus this one. I'd love to know if this could still possibly be a hardware issue just in case this could still impact other games with high CPU/memory requirements. I'm currently too scared to flex my PC's power on other games in fear of damage.

Message 1 of 4 (364 Views)

@iZadiya  A good place to start would be a dxdiag, in case there are any software errors that need to be addressed.  Software is highly unlikely to cause a restart, but it's worth being thorough.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

More helpful would be hardware monitoring.  I know you've checked temperatures, but there's plenty of other relevant info as well.  You can download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't need to install anything if you don't want to; just choose the Portable version, unzip it, and launch it from Downloads or wherever you want.  (If you would like to install, be sure to click the green button, not the orange one.)  Restart your computer, and don't open any other apps.  Launch hwinfo, choose "sensors only," and click the icon that's a sheet of paper with a + sign to start logging.  Save the file to your desktop for easy access later.

Wait five minutes, then launch Sims 3 and play for 20 minutes or until it crashes.  Click the same button to end logging.  Then upload the log to a third-party free filehosting site and link it here.  Please leave it in .csv format, or if you use OneDrive to share, please compress it in .zip format instead.

Please also check the motherboard for bulging capacitors.  And let me know what power supply you have now: manufacturer, wattage, and rating.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1) A good place to start would be a dxdiag, in case there are any software errors that need to be addressed.  Software is highly unlikely to cause a restart, but it's worth being thorough.

2) More helpful would be hardware monitoring.  I know you've checked temperatures, but there's plenty of other relevant info as well.  You can download hwinfo from here:

3) Please also check the motherboard for bulging capacitors. 

4)And let me know what power supply you have now: manufacturer, wattage, and rating.

1) I've already done a dxiag test and it's come up clear

2) sounds like a good idea, I'll attempt this when I have a free moment 😄

3) I'm still extremely new at PC building and part maintaince, what exactly should I be looking out for?

4) Cosair, 750 gold plated

Message 3 of 4 (319 Views)

@iZadiya  Even though the dxdiag may not have flagged any issues, I'd still like to see it.

For bulging capacitors, the easiest thing to do is to open the manual for your motherboard (or look it up online) and find the capacitors, then see whether they're the normal shape or not.  You can probably find photos on the internet for the capacitors of your specific board, or if not that, at least the manufacturer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (309 Views)