Re: Sims 4 Game doesn't run but I can hear the sound

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Game doesn't run but I can hear the sound

★★★ Newbie
Hello community, I definitely need help.
Firstly please ignore any language mistakes I am from Germany but I didn't find anything similar like this forum in German.
I installed the sims 4 on my computer which is an old one, but I checked if the game can run on it and it can, or better to say it should, actually. When I start the game, it loads properly, might be a bit slow but I am perfectly fine with that as the computer is indeed old. The CAS runs perfectly, even with settings put on high. But when I am done with creating a family and let it move into a house, the problem starts: I can hear the sound, so my sims are doing whatever they do, but the screen does not move. Even not if the settings are on their lowest. I can't click on any button, if I do I hear the sound but the screen doesn't show anything. I always end up closing the game by using the task manager. I uninstalled the game and origin and reinstalled it, repaired it and checked for updates so that is not the problem. I as well tried to do anything to boost my computer, right now I am defragmenting my hard disk. Does anybody might have a solution for the problem or might now what could cause the problem? Thank you Standard smile
Message 1 of 4 (1,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for trying, though I found the simple (and dumb) solution myself.

On the internet, I searched for a video card update, found it, and now the game runs Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,886 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did it never work ? Did you try if it works in Origin Offline Mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for trying, though I found the simple (and dumb) solution myself.

On the internet, I searched for a video card update, found it, and now the game runs Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (1,887 Views)

Community Manager

Sometimes the simple things can trip folks up. I'm just gonna pop down a link to a tutorial, for those that might stumble across this thread later. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,576 Views)