Re: Sims 4 GTW: Can't get new case assignment detective glitch

by ria1987

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 GTW: Can't get new case assignment detective glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can't get a new case assignment after refurbishing the police station in sims 4 GTW. I did not make a complete rebuilt, I simply added new windows, computer, desk, wallpapers, toilets...etc. I did not make changes to the jail cell areas though (did not even touch it) . The only changes I made were in the office, entrance, gym area toilet. I can't play the detective career now. Pls help.

To date: I have repaired the game but it doesn't work. I tried quitting the job detective career but upon saving, my game crashed. And when I finally restarted it, it went back to a previous save and my sim is still in the detective career. I tried changing back the built items (e.g. police fences, place lesser computers) but I am still unable to get a case assignment when I click on a computer at the station. 

This is getting too frustrating now. 

Message 1 of 7 (14,288 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Hi everyone. I seem to have accidentally solved this issue. This is what I did -

testingcheats on (enter)
bb.enablefreebuild (enter)
moveobjects_on (enter)

I went ahead and tried to replace some items like the computers. But when I replaced the Crime Map with a new one from build mode, I was finally able to make the get case assignment option to work. Pls take note that I only changed wallpapers and colors of the default police station. I didn't rebuild it or drastically changed items.

I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR EVERBODY ELSE!
Sending Sim hugs to all!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (15,428 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Hi everyone. I seem to have accidentally solved this issue. This is what I did -

testingcheats on (enter)
bb.enablefreebuild (enter)
moveobjects_on (enter)

I went ahead and tried to replace some items like the computers. But when I replaced the Crime Map with a new one from build mode, I was finally able to make the get case assignment option to work. Pls take note that I only changed wallpapers and colors of the default police station. I didn't rebuild it or drastically changed items.

I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR EVERBODY ELSE!
Sending Sim hugs to all!
Message 2 of 7 (15,429 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks, ria1987!

I've done a bit more experimenting with this and it seems to be the colour of the Case Map that breaks things (I have no idea why). I found that if I change the colour I can no longer get a new case assignment, but changing it back to the default colour (the orangey-brown swatch) makes it work again.

Message 3 of 7 (13,880 Views)

Hero

That seems to be true for all kinds of objects.

Here's a thread for two other objects: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Booking-Station-recolours-aren-t-working/td-p/44...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (13,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It works!! Thank you sooo much
Message 5 of 7 (13,826 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

your my hero it worked thank you i was about to get fired

Message 6 of 7 (12,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi people,

i sold the computers and bought them again and same with the crime board and it seems to be working, i rebuilt the whole police station so hope it works.

Message 7 of 7 (9,843 Views)