Re: Sims 4 Furniture cc not showing up in build mode

by XXmysterious7XX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Furniture cc not showing up in build mode

★★ Novice

Hey! I've been playing sims 4 for a couple of years and every single time i've downloaded TONS of custom content. Every once in a while, I will uninstall sims 4 because I get bored of it, wiping the entire mod folder and tray folder clean and empty. I just started playing again in September, but now I have a problem - none of my furniture cc is working! It is in the correct folder, and when I start the game, I can even see the furniture cc in the game made mods list. When I'm in build mode and search things up, I can still see the names of the mods! But when I click in it, it only goes to the category that it's in and no objects shows up. I've already tried to repair my game, but nothing's working Frown

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 26 (30,096 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hi again! I think I found a solution.

Have you installed the mod Better Build/Buy? If so, I suggest you delete it. I had the mod installed when the disappearing furniture began, but after removing it, they all reappeared again! I think it has something to do with how the mod sorts items in the build catalogue, and it couldn't sort the cc so it just stopped showing up. So much for a better build/buy!

I hope this helps! Good luck!

View in thread

Message 5 of 26 (29,900 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@dancingduck567 

You should look for updated versions of your CC. They frequently become outdated when the came is patched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 26 (30,041 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! Sorry for the late reply,

I have downloaded many different furniture cc, and all of them do not work. Most of them are very recent uploads, so I do not think that is the problem. 

Could it possibly be another cc file that is messing with the furniture? Or a mod is messing it up?

Message 3 of 26 (29,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i've had the same issue, and the cc items themselves still function same as they always have, they're just no longer in the menu. if they were outdated, surely that would mean they wouldn't show up at all, or would be glitchy? but that isn't the case.

i mean i dont really know for sure. i'll try updating some of my mods and see if anything changes.

Edit: I should also mention that CAS cc shows up in menus and continues to work as normal, at least for me.

Message 4 of 26 (29,939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi again! I think I found a solution.

Have you installed the mod Better Build/Buy? If so, I suggest you delete it. I had the mod installed when the disappearing furniture began, but after removing it, they all reappeared again! I think it has something to do with how the mod sorts items in the build catalogue, and it couldn't sort the cc so it just stopped showing up. So much for a better build/buy!

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Message 5 of 26 (29,901 Views)

★ Novice
@WaterTorrent666 THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! i did just download that mod and i couldnt understand why it wasnt working. youre a life saver bc i wanted to make a sim channel
Message 6 of 26 (29,890 Views)

★★ Novice
@WaterTorrent666 thank you!!! This was the reason for the furniture not appearing. Now I can decorate my houses with the cc! Standard smile
Message 7 of 26 (29,704 Views)

★ Novice
@WaterTorrent666 You are amazingggg!! thank you!
Message 8 of 26 (29,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@WaterTorrent666  Thank you SO SO SO much! You're truly a lifesaver. I hope you have the best day ever om

Message 9 of 26 (29,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How exactly do you delete this? I am new, my apologies lol.

Message 10 of 26 (28,531 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help