Sims 4 Freezing

by fjordgirl

Original Post

Sims 4 Freezing

★★★ Newbie

I play on the PC on windows 10. And whenever I Go into Sims 4 game in about two minutes of the game completely freezes and I have to shut down my computer to be able to do anything. anyone got any advice? Anything can help!

Message 1 of 6 (428 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Freezing

@fjordgirl  Please try playing in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just start a new save, play for a bit, and see whether the game freezes again.  If it doesn't, then the issue is something in your old user data folder, and you'll need to sort through the content to figure out what.  Let me know whether you need help with this process.

If you get another freeze even in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how will I find this folder/ where would it be 

Message 3 of 6 (366 Views)

@fjordgirl  The Sims 4 folder is in Documents\Electronic Arts.  Open a File Explorer window and choose Documents in the left panel; this usually takes you to the Documents folder stored on your hard drive.

Message 4 of 6 (364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I did that and went back into the game and started to make a new character and it froze again 

Message 5 of 6 (355 Views)

@fjordgirl  Okay, then please run a dxdiag and attach it to a reply in this thread.  Instructions are here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 6 (304 Views)