Sims 4 Forcing Computer to Restart

by jaemcclyn

Original Post

Sims 4 Forcing Computer to Restart

★★★★★ Newbie

I got a new PC and ever since I started playing on this computer, my computer restarts every time I try and play the game. The game will work for varying amounts of time but suddenly my screen will go black and my PC will force restart itself. If I try to play again, it'll work for a shorter amount of time before doing the same thing. I've played other PC games on this PC and have had no issues like this with them and am wondering why it's specifically the Sims that makes my computer restart. Any help would be extremely helpful!

Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Forcing Computer to Restart

@jaemcclyn  A restart is most often an issue with the power supply, although that's not the only issue.  Sims 4 isn't as demanding as some other games, but it does seem to be more sensitive to PSU issues than other games.  So please let me know what power supply you have: manufacturer, wattage and rating, e.g. Corsair 750W 80+ Gold.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, so I can look for other possible issues.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I am currently am running with a Thermaltake TR2 430-Watt ATX Power Supply. 

Below I've also dropped my dxdiag! 

Thank you for all your help!

Message 3 of 4 (242 Views)

@jaemcclyn  Please open the case and make sure all the cables from your PSU are secured.  Sometimes it really is that simple.  And while you're there, make sure that the PSU is mounted so that its fan is pointed away from the center of the case.

If that's not the issue though, the next step is hardware monitoring.  Download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't need to install anything if you don't want to; just choose the Portable version, unzip it, and launch it from Downloads or wherever you want.  (If you would like to install, be sure to click the green button, not the orange one.)  Restart your computer, and don't open any other apps.  Launch hwinfo, choose "sensors only," and click the icon that's a sheet of paper with a + sign to start logging.  Save the file to your desktop for easy access later.

Wait five minutes, then launch Sims 4 and play until your computer restarts.  The log should be intact up until that point, but please let me know how long it ran before the restart so I know if the log is cut off early.  You can upload to a third-party free filehosting site and link it here.  Please leave it in .csv format, or if you use OneDrive to share, please compress it in .zip format instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (229 Views)