Re: Sims 4 - First person camera not working

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Sims 4 - First person camera not working

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Apparently I live under a rock and have just discovered the first person feature, however when I try to use it in my game it doesn't work, nothing happens when I click shift+Tab, I have even tried by holding one and the other. I updated the game on December 30th using Origin, so I would suppose I have the most recent update.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10 (12,476 Views)

What happend with only pressing tab?

Could you try first holding shift and then adding the tab?
If it still doesn't work, do you use any CC or mods?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (12,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply!

I tried it what you indicated but nothing happens, like absolutely nothing. I even tried to update the version again but now I don't have the option to do so, so I guess it's updated already. Frown

Message 3 of 10 (12,432 Views)

Tab should give you the camera mode. Is the tab button maybe in use by another program running in the background?
Or is the button broken?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 10 (12,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, sorry for the late reply. 

I had the same issue, what fixed it for me was to use a different PC language keyboard.

Go to your toolbar settings, on the side you might see something like ENG or whatever your keyboard language is. You click on it and see if there's any other keyboards available.

Try to change your keyboard settings, it worked for me Standard smile

Good luck!

Message 5 of 10 (12,215 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey can I ask where the toolbar settings are? I can only see Menu > Game Options and nowhere in those game options can I see a keyboard language option. I tried googling "toolbar settings" but it just gave me unrelated results except for bringing me back to this page.

Message 6 of 10 (10,076 Views)

@zanthiathemystic  The way to add or change a keyboard layout is through Windows settings, not in game.  Here's how you'd do it:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-keyboard-layout-windows-10

If this doesn't help, it would be best to start your own thread describing the issue you're trying to solve.  This thread is a bit old.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 10 (10,068 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh I see. I'm not sure I want to change my overall keyboard settings. I'll just start a new thread like you suggested to see if there are other options, thank you Standard smile

Message 8 of 10 (10,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's probably because of Steam overlay. This is also set to shift+tab by default. I switched my Steam overlay trigger to shift+ ` (one key above tab) instead, and now it works fine. Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (6,571 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ampanaron thanks for taking the time to post your fix.

I am going to lock this thread as it is quite old and would ask that going forward you not bump older threads like this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (6,546 Views)