Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims 4 Files Have Red Exclamation Points On Them

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Sims 4 Files Have Red Exclamation Points On Them

★★ Novice

87B558B2-A946-4FDA-A3E3-30EFB96A75AE.jpeg

It seems that I’m the only one having this problem. I’ve tried everything. The game has been like this for over a year & I still can’t find a solution. My sims 4 files & documents have red exclamation marks on them & every time I try to put mods & cc into my game they have red exclamation marks on them too. My game worked perfectly fine with mods & cc before but it suddenly stopped & won’t work again. My game runs fine like it used to I just can’t put the cc & mods into my mods folder without it having “red exclamation marks”. I really need help. Mods & cc make my game so much more fun & it’s really boring without it 😩 😔. Anything will help. I hope i’m not the only one with this problem. 

Message 1 of 8 (462 Views)

Hero
@Hennyhoez Are you using oneDrive ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (414 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 3 of 8 (383 Views)

Hero
@Hennyhoez Could you maybe take as screenhot instead of a picture by mobile ? It's really hard to see.

Only explanation I have for exclamation marks is if Windows is trying to sync something and can't for lack of room.

Did you actively turn oneDrive off ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (353 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I don’t know how to take a screenshot on my computer but I just re downloaded onedrive.
Message 5 of 8 (327 Views)

Hero
@Hennyhoez You can use the print screen button or a tool called Snipping tool (comes with Windows), that let's you take screenshots.

Do you have space left on one drive ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict sorry it took so long to reply i gave up after awhile but i want to try again if that’s okay with you. actually i figures out how to put them back in thanks to you.

(CM: Posts merged)

Message 7 of 8 (258 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Hennyhoez,

That's great. Standard smile Could you share what worked for you? It may help players having a similar issue.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 8 (198 Views)
Twitter Stream