Re: Sims 4 Files Have Red Exclamation Points On Them

by Hennyhoez

Original Post

Sims 4 Files Have Red Exclamation Points On Them

★★ Novice

87B558B2-A946-4FDA-A3E3-30EFB96A75AE.jpeg

It seems that I’m the only one having this problem. I’ve tried everything. The game has been like this for over a year & I still can’t find a solution. My sims 4 files & documents have red exclamation marks on them & every time I try to put mods & cc into my game they have red exclamation marks on them too. My game worked perfectly fine with mods & cc before but it suddenly stopped & won’t work again. My game runs fine like it used to I just can’t put the cc & mods into my mods folder without it having “red exclamation marks”. I really need help. Mods & cc make my game so much more fun & it’s really boring without it 😩 😔. Anything will help. I hope i’m not the only one with this problem. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,295 Views)

Hero
@Hennyhoez Are you using oneDrive ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,247 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 3 of 8 (1,216 Views)

Hero
@Hennyhoez Could you maybe take as screenhot instead of a picture by mobile ? It's really hard to see.

Only explanation I have for exclamation marks is if Windows is trying to sync something and can't for lack of room.

Did you actively turn oneDrive off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,186 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@crinrict I don’t know how to take a screenshot on my computer but I just re downloaded onedrive.
Message 5 of 8 (1,160 Views)

Hero
@Hennyhoez You can use the print screen button or a tool called Snipping tool (comes with Windows), that let's you take screenshots.

Do you have space left on one drive ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict sorry it took so long to reply i gave up after awhile but i want to try again if that’s okay with you. actually i figures out how to put them back in thanks to you.

(CM: Posts merged)

Message 7 of 8 (1,091 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Hennyhoez,

That's great. Standard smile Could you share what worked for you? It may help players having a similar issue.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (1,031 Views)