Sims 4 Failure to open

by okkms80

Original Post

Sims 4 Failure to open

★★★ Newbie

Tried to bring up the game and it told me I had to download a new update or the game would not work.  I downloaded the update, and the game still will not work.  I have played this game before so it is either due to the maintenance they performed last night or due to this download that was required.  Please let me know what to do to fix this problem

Message 1 of 4 (231 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Failure to open

Hero

@okkms80 What problem are you seeing exactly ? Is the button grey ? Does nothing happen when you click play ? Do you get a black screen ? Does it crash right away ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The play button is greyed out on the "my games" tab and it wont open from my desktop short cut.  I played for several days with no problem, then I received a notification that they were performing maintenance and it has not worked since that time.  

Message 3 of 4 (191 Views)

Hero

Try either repairing the game by right clicking on the game in myGames or delete your Origin cache: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (185 Views)