Re: Sims 4 Failure to Save Code 0

by Willwrk4wine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Failure to Save Code 0

★★ Novice

Here's what happened:

I was playing a game, went to exist and save and it came back with the Failure to Save Code 0 error.  OK, I lost an hour of game play, no big deal.

Later, I started the game again.  I received a notification saying the game I was attempting to load was saved under a newer verision of Sims 4 and that I should update the game on my machine.

What?

OK, something really screwed up.  I lost my games.  I started a new one.  Created the Sim, went into the "new world" and saved.  Same error.

Blast it all.  Time to reboot.  I did a shutdown, let the PC sit and then tried again.  I'm still receiving the same error and I cannot save anything I do.

I'm tempted to uninstall and reinstall, but before using such a drastic measure, I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has a suggestion.

I'm running on Windows 7.   HELP.

Message 1 of 35 (51,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-game-was-saved-with-an-earlier-version/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 35 (53,204 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-game-was-saved-with-an-earlier-version/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (53,205 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!  Confusedmileyvery-happy:

I haven't tried the saves yet, but my goal was to get the game up and running again.  I've bookmarked the blog page in case I need it again.

Message 3 of 35 (50,865 Views)

Hero

Good to hear.

I would make backups to an external drive of savegames you want to keep.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (50,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am so fed up with this! It says I have the latest update. yet the error still shows. however before installing the last update it worked just fine! EA needs to fix this fast! cause it would suck to have to restart every time!

Message 5 of 35 (50,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem since the newest patch update in October. Have any solutions been found yet?

Message 6 of 35 (49,763 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed the link posted above and ran through the instructions.  It got me up and running again.  Unfortunately, since then, I have gone through the same issue three additional times, losing my games with nicely evolved families.  It's a royal pain in the neck, but at least I can continue playing, even if I have to start new every now and then.  Hopefully a patch will be put out for it sometime soon.

Message 7 of 35 (49,729 Views)

Hero

I would backup the save games regularly.

Did you check if deleting the autosave (slot01) is enough ? Don't use the autosave slot to save too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (49,714 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
EA needs to fix this. I can't go in the files because I got the digital download. (Ps; last time I'm doing the digital download) if anyone can help, that'd be great. But I'm pretty sure it's something EA needs to fix because it has to do with that latest update. UGH!!! Frown
Message 9 of 35 (48,833 Views)

Hero

This is not a problem of digital download or disc version. You installed the disc and now it's on your hard drive. The user files are also on your hard drive.

Did you try if the solution provided does anything for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (48,833 Views)