Re: Sims 4: Error code idk, can play every household but one despite the error

by 1kyears

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4: Error code idk, can play every household but one despite the error

★★★★ Novice

The Sims 4 says there's an error (idk which error code it is, before you ask) to relaunch when I play but loads the households just fine, but when go to one household out of many, it goes to the world screen and says to relaunch in contrast to the other households, who load up just fine in spite of the error code. The other households have an error code message pop up, but don't go to the world screen and go to the household instead, but my household by the name of McLean goes to the world screen like it's supposed to with an error code message when the other households allow me to play. I've relaunched the game over 6 times and tried everything I possibly could on my end, nothing worked, and it's taking too long to contact the EA staff at the help section. What should I do?

Message 1 of 7 (1,627 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@1kyears firstly,  how did the vanilla game work?  (ie: no cc/mods) 

The best thing would be to remove the cc from them bit by bit and retry your game each time..  (a mini cull) and don't forget to also delete the localthumbcache each time as well.. 

(have been afk and will be again for a while)   but as I mentioned it will be something interfering with your game,  so you need to find and delete it..  whether the specific cc/mod has an update is able to be checked but only after you find the culprit. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,557 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Hi @1kyears do you use any mods or cc?

Message 2 of 7 (1,609 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic Yes, but they work just fine with my game, and this hasn't happened before.
Message 3 of 7 (1,598 Views)

★★ Pro

If you're having this problem though,  you'll need to find the cc or mod that may be causing the issue. Also by checking with a "test game", with no mods and cc (but the same household and lot) by saving both the lot and household to your library,  and checking in a vanilla game. 

You can also check both the lot and household with the luniver tray importer,  to make note of all mods and cc being used with them. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,593 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic I will do that right now then get back to you.
Message 5 of 7 (1,590 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is what I found, what does that mean?

Message 6 of 7 (1,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@1kyears firstly,  how did the vanilla game work?  (ie: no cc/mods) 

The best thing would be to remove the cc from them bit by bit and retry your game each time..  (a mini cull) and don't forget to also delete the localthumbcache each time as well.. 

(have been afk and will be again for a while)   but as I mentioned it will be something interfering with your game,  so you need to find and delete it..  whether the specific cc/mod has an update is able to be checked but only after you find the culprit. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,558 Views)