Sims 4 Error Message due to a corrupted file

by lilWaffle01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Error Message due to a corrupted file

★★ Novice

I have had the Sims4 for a few months, but ever since I got some cc (7/29/2020) my game has been giving me an error message.

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

C:\Users\adroe\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Downloads\~Sarffy nintendo switch.package

[60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]

I have tried so many things to get it to start working again, but nothing works

> I tried to find the file, but can't

> I got rid of all my mods

> I scanned all my files with the windows defender (This one told me what was wrong, but I already knew what was wrong)

The only two things I didn't do was repair or reinstall my game because I didn't know how to do it.

So can someone help me with this problem and tell me how to reinstall my game without loosing all my data.

Message 1 of 2 (5,390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Error Message due to a corrupted file

@lilWaffle01  Are you looking in the version of Documents on your hard drive, or possibly opening the version in OneDrive?  If it's the latter, you might not see the corrupt file.  The easy way to make sure you're in the right place is to open a File Explorer window and click This PC, then C:\Users\etc.

If that's not the issue, try moving the entire Mods folder to your desktop, not the contents of that folder, but the whole folder.  If that doesn't work either, move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and see if you get the same error when you launch.  The game will create a clean folder with no content, so there shouldn't be a problem.  And if it does fix the error, you can then move your saves and other content to the new folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (5,356 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Error Message due to a corrupted file

@lilWaffle01  Are you looking in the version of Documents on your hard drive, or possibly opening the version in OneDrive?  If it's the latter, you might not see the corrupt file.  The easy way to make sure you're in the right place is to open a File Explorer window and click This PC, then C:\Users\etc.

If that's not the issue, try moving the entire Mods folder to your desktop, not the contents of that folder, but the whole folder.  If that doesn't work either, move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and see if you get the same error when you launch.  The game will create a clean folder with no content, so there shouldn't be a problem.  And if it does fix the error, you can then move your saves and other content to the new folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (5,357 Views)