Re: Sims 4 Error: Already Running

by Trova2

Original Post

Hero
Game might not have created a folder then which points towards the controlled folder access issue: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 83 (2,787 Views)

★★ Novice

Uhhhh, where is it?

Message 72 of 83 (2,728 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Trova2 

Start the game once and it will be created.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 73 of 83 (2,718 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, but I added an exclusion on windows defender and it fixed it.

Message 74 of 83 (2,705 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I get to task manager.

Message 75 of 83 (2,674 Views)

Hero
@Lindsey_da_Lion Press CTL-ALT-DEL, then choose Task Manager or right-click on the Windows bar and choose task manager

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 83 (2,658 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you.

Message 77 of 83 (2,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@pekesims didn't work for me lol Nothing is working for me. What about Avast antivirus.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 78 of 83 (2,631 Views)

★★ Novice

I finally got it to work.  I had to enable Origin to run in Admin mode, did yet another repair files for Sims 4 just in case I needed to again, and now the game works.

TLDR, run Origin in Administrator compatibility mode.  My guess is that Sims 4 couldn't create some files in Windows 10 64bit 1903 without it.

Message 79 of 83 (2,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well I am having the same problem and changing to sharing did not help. But here's something fun for you think about. I do get the greyed out buttons in origin so I can't repair, uninstall etc etc. I try to exit but it says sims 4 premium is running..ughh no it's not because it won't load. So I go to task manager see origin icon(32 bit) but no ts4 but...I do see 2 green EA UI icons w(exactly that, EA UI Activate, something like that.. I forgot and wish I'd taken a picture now) very strange because I've never seen them before. Only see them since I've had this launch problem. I was playing perfectly fine on my dinosaur age laptop yesterday for many months but have been having problems with my mouse being possessed only in sims 4 so I googled it and found out it could be due to the windows 10 update not playing nice with reshade which I do have in my game ..I know that I tried to uninstall the last win 10 update thinking I'd fix my mouse problem with reshade and then I wasn't able to get back into my game so I thought that was the problem idk. I tried everything, uninstalling origin, reinstalling origin and changing options, compatibility mode, sharing, reupdated windows 10 again cause maybe I broke something but even after I updated my win 10 again still not able to launch sims and still getting the green EA UI icons in task manager. Still getting greyed out options in origin so did another uninstall and reinstall of origin. Still not working. Now i have uninstalled sims4 and reinstalling. If this doesn't work then I don't know what the problem is, so I'd really appreciate some input in my strange problem as I'm waiting for my sims to download again(no problem with origin so far) ...tia. 

Message 80 of 83 (2,436 Views)