Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator not showing up

by briannashari

Original Post

Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator not showing up

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I’ve just purchased the sims 4 Home Decorator game pack and when I’ve opened the game none of its contents shows up. I’ve restarted my computer, uninstalled and installed the game again and also repaired the game but it still won’t show. It shows that I own the pack on origin.. so I’m just lost now. 

many thanks! 🥰

Message 1 of 15 (3,591 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator not showing up

@briannashari  What game version are you running?  You can see it on the Main Menu, where you choose to load a save or start a new one: it's along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 15 (3,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am also having this same problem and like the other user have gone through all of those steps. I haven't had luck getting in contact with EA for help and was hoping you may be able to help me. It says that my version number is 1.75.125.1630

Thank you

Message 3 of 15 (3,334 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict V 1.76.81.1620
Message 4 of 15 (3,231 Views)

@hailey2307 and @briyaah11  You're both running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, and the LE doesn't support any packs released after October 2019, including Dream Home Decorator.  If your Macs cannot in fact run the standard version of Sims 4 and need the LE, then you can request a refund from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are generally not eligible for refunds, support usually makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 5 of 15 (3,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

It happened the exact same thing to me (I have the Legacy Edition). I chatted online with a game adviser and the problem was instantly solved, the refunding was immediately initiated. I'm very satisfied with the customer service!

Cheers,
Maria

Message 6 of 15 (3,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! I’ve got the same issue. Mine is 1.77.146.1540 

should be the deluxe edition! 

Message 7 of 15 (2,983 Views)

@pumkinpielol123  You're running the Legacy Edition, which doesn't support DHD or any other packs released after October 2019.  (The Deluxe Edition just means you have the base game bonus content; it has nothing to do with the difference between the standard version and the Legacy Edition.)

If your computer cannot in fact run the standard version of Sims 4, you can request a refund from EA customer support.  Even though Sims 4 packs are generally not eligible for refunds, support often makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 8 of 15 (2,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did anyone resolved this issue yet?

Message 9 of 15 (2,031 Views)

@shannonG21  That depends on what you mean by "resolve."  If you're running the Legacy Edition, Dream Home Decorator won't load, there's nothing you can do about that.

What game version are you running? You can see it on the Main Menu, where you choose to load a save or start a new one: it's along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner. Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

Message 10 of 15 (2,023 Views)