Re: Sims 4 Download fail after 48hrs of trying!!

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 Download fail after 48hrs of trying!!

★★★ Newbie

Hi, for 48 hours I have been trying to download The Sims 4 on my macbook air with little luck.

I am updated to 10.10.2, I have tonnes of memory left etc- I have made sure all my requirements are fine and up to date.

My issue was, to begin with that whenever I tried to download, it would get to a certain percentage (5% or even less) and then the network would suddenly go to 0 and never resume the download. 

I have tried uninstalling and installing origin countless times, restarting my computer, cancelling the download and retrying, pausing it etc etc etc and I must've done it 40 times at least by now!

My new issue is that now when I click download it says 'preparing download' and then 'Download error- We are sorry but origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection or try again.' 

I restarted the internet 4 times and everything else seems to work with the internet (X box live, other laptops etc) but this game just wont download!

I even downloaded it on my Dell laptop to see if it would work and it did!!!! So why won't it work on my mac? 

Is there any way I can get a refund if it doesn't work in the next 24 hrs? 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3 (238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the EXACT same problem!

Message 2 of 3 (226 Views)

Hero

EA had some server issues. Could you try again now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)