Sims 4 Double Cursor

by seirsu

Original Post

Sims 4 Double Cursor

★★★ Newbie

I've been searching for a while, but when I open the sims and go into CAS (I haven't gone any further) I have my main pixel classic windows cursor, and the Sims cursor, both there at the same time. I can click fine, but when I size or move the camera, the windows cursor will flash. Anyone know how to solve this? (Game up-to-date, tried opening and closing.)

Message 1 of 2 (1,075 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Double Cursor

★★ Pro

@seirsu

Try these troubleshooting tips:

1. Turn off "Display Pointer Trails" in the mouse control panel option.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Select Mouse > Pointer Options. Under Visibility, un check the Display pointer trails.

2. Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

3. Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to the desktop or a USB key.

4. It has been reported that screen capture/recorders, instant messengers/video chat or VOIP programs, like Discord may cause issues with Sims 4 and may need to be turned off or uninstalled if issues are severe. Also turn off any overlay those programs may cause issues as well. This is to be sure the program and it's overlay isn't interfering with the game.

5. Check Microsoft Support for some troubleshooting tips:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/windows-mouse-touchpad-keyboard-problems

Message 2 of 2 (1,056 Views)