Re: Sims 4 Doctor Career Sample Analysis BUG

by StrudelGR

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

SOS EDIT:

This is getting ridiculous. I tried the Detective career and, again, the Chemical Analyzer there cannot be used. The evidence in my Inventory shows up, but they are all greyed out, like in the Doctor career.

I do NOT have any animations or scripts. I only have CAS CC (like hair and clothes). I don't see how these would impact such a core issue. 

It basically renders my entire Get to Work expansion useless...

Message 11 of 14 (923 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Attaching an image of the issue. Same happens with the Doctor career Chemical Analyzer (and possibly the Scientist career as well).

It seems that the Chemical Analyzers are not working in Get to Work. Even the option to "Practice Analysis" doesn't appear.

Message 12 of 14 (922 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I fixed it.

I saw in a post that teens aren't allowed to use Chemical Analyzers. Then I remembered that I saw a mod that allowed teens to do more jobs.

And indeed. It turns out I had some sort of mod that allowed teens to take on GtW jobs (I don't even know how that ended up in my Mods - I don't play teens). This possibly made (bugged) Adults to be recognized as Teens by the Chemical Analyzers?

I am unsure of what it did, but as soon as I removed this mod, the Chemical Analyzers work fine. Both "Practice Analysis" and normal samples appear. Will update if something changes.

Message 13 of 14 (9,964 Views)

★ Apprentice

@StrudelGR

I see this problem was back some years ago and I was having the same problem now; why can't my sim analyse patient swab samples.

I should add I have that mod as well that enables teens to have adult jobs and a lot of what you said rang true with me as well.

I use MC Control Centre so I changed my teen to a young adult and what do you know, the samples are no longer greyed out. My teen can analyse the samples now.

Regards,

Michael.

Message 14 of 14 (607 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help