Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Doctor Career Sample Analysis BUG

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Toddler Stuff and the Pet Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the Doctor career, using the Chemical Analyzer to analyze samples.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't progress within the career since you can't analyze the samples from the patients.
What do you expect to see? I am having trouble with the Doctor career in Sims 4. I am at the point in which you are asked to obtain samples from patients and analyze them on the Chemical Analyzer in order to progress within the career.  My problem is, I can collect samples from patients, however when I click on the Chemical Analyzer, I choose the option to "Analyze Patient/Bio Sample", the list pops up with the samples I have in my Inventory, but they are all "greyed out" and cannot be selected. No matter how many times I click on them, nothing changes. It is as if they are not there. The patient samples I obtain are also ALWAYS stuck in my inventory, I can't drag them to a trash can or interact with them in any way. I can't even use them on the Chemical Analyzer, as I said. The only solution to get rid of them was to use the "Gift" option on another Sim and then gift them the sample so that I can get rid of them. Further, I also get a daily task to do "Lab Work" to test my skills by choosing the "Practice Analysis" on the Chemical Analyzer, but again this option never shows up for me. HOWEVER, if I do buy a Chemical Analyzer at my home lot, the option is there and I can use it just fine. It seems as if there is some sort of conflict with the Sample inside the Inventory that is not getting recognized by the Chemical Analyzer. Things I tried: Using testingcheats true, I did a Shift+Click on the Analyzers at work and used the Debug option. Didn't work. Using the free build cheat I deleted the Chemical Analyzers at work and replaced them with new ones. Didn't work. I tried resetting my Doctor sim with "simReset" in case this debugs their inventory. Didn't work. My game has a lot of CC. Turning them on/off didn't change anything. I remember in the past the Doctor career worked fine for me, and I didn't have this issue. Now I can no longer progress in the career due to that. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am having trouble with the Doctor career in Sims 4. I am at the point in which you are asked to obtain samples from patients and analyze them on the Chemical Analyzer in order to progress within the career. 

My problem is, I can collect samples from patients, however when I click on the Chemical Analyzer, I choose the option to "Analyze Patient/Bio Sample", the list pops up with the samples I have in my Inventory, but they are all "greyed out" and cannot be selected. No matter how many times I click on them, nothing changes. It is as if they are not there.

The patient samples I obtain are also ALWAYS stuck in my inventory, I can't drag them to a trash can or interact with them in any way. I can't even use them on the Chemical Analyzer, as I said. The only solution to get rid of them was to use the "Gift" option on another Sim and then gift them the sample so that I can get rid of them.

Further, I also get a daily task to do "Lab Work" to test my skills by choosing the "Practice Analysis" on the Chemical Analyzer, but again this option never shows up for me. HOWEVER, if I do buy a Chemical Analyzer at my home lot, the option is there and I can use it just fine.

It seems as if there is some sort of conflict with the Sample inside the Inventory that is not getting recognized by the Chemical Analyzer.

Things I tried:

Using testingcheats true, I did a Shift+Click on the Analyzers at work and used the Debug option. Didn't work.

Using the free build cheat I deleted the Chemical Analyzers at work and replaced them with new ones. Didn't work.

I tried resetting my Doctor sim with "simReset" in case this debugs their inventory. Didn't work.

My game has a lot of CC. Turning them on/off didn't change anything.

I remember in the past the Doctor career worked fine for me, and I didn't have this issue. Now I can no longer progress in the career due to that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:  Attached a picture of the issue. It also happens with the Chemical Analyzers at the Detective career!

Message 1 of 14 (9,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Doctor Career Sample Analysis BUG

★★★★★ Apprentice

I fixed it.

I saw in a post that teens aren't allowed to use Chemical Analyzers. Then I remembered that I saw a mod that allowed teens to do more jobs.

And indeed. It turns out I had some sort of mod that allowed teens to take on GtW jobs (I don't even know how that ended up in my Mods - I don't play teens). This possibly made (bugged) Adults to be recognized as Teens by the Chemical Analyzers?

I am unsure of what it did, but as soon as I removed this mod, the Chemical Analyzers work fine. Both "Practice Analysis" and normal samples appear. Will update if something changes.

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (9,720 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @StrudelGR 

could you try the following

1. Backup your save by saving it under a new name
  2. Move all stuff that isn't stuck to either a different Sim or to the world
  3. Make sure the Sim that has the samples is active
  4. Open the cheat console and type: testingcheats on
  5. Then type: inventory.purge
  6. Type testingcheats off
  7. Close the cheat console
  8. Everything should now be gone from the Sims inventory
  9. Try if it now works if you get new samples.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (9,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am afraid this did not work. The new samples I acquire are still greyed out on the Chemical Analyzer Frown

I am starting to think that this is some sort of bug in the work-lot and the Chemical Analyzers specifically at work.

For example, just now I got a task to "Practice Bio Analysis". However, on the Chemical Analyzers no such option exists, meaning the task can't be completed. Though, if I do buy a Chemical Analyzer in my home lot, the "Practice Bio Analysis" option is there and can be performed (it also generates Elements and stuff in my Inventory successfully. 

The only options available at the Chemical Analyzer at work are: Analyse Flora / Analyse Collection (both greyed out) and the Analyse Patient Sample which, after acquiring the sample, becomes clickable because it recognizes the sample, however when the menu opens to choose the sample, all samples are greyed out and can't be chosen. I also tried with 1 sample being the only thing in my Inventory - no luck either.

Message 3 of 14 (9,141 Views)

Hero

Could you start a new save without mods/CC and check if it also happens there.

You can also use the cheat: bb.enablefreebuild on to edit the work lot. Try replacing the analyzer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (9,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried with mods on/off and saw no change.

I will probably try to quit and restart the Doctor career with that Sim. Wondering

To be honest starting a new save with no mods, creating new sims, and advancing to career level 3 to get the option to analyze the samples is too much hassle. And in the end, I am playing 100% with CC so I am not going to start a non-CC game. (I have no script mods, only CC - but a lot).

EDIT: Did NOT work. Quitting the career and starting over brought no change. The samples still aren't clickable from the Chemical Analyzer and the "Practice Bio Analysis" interaction still doesn't appear.

Message 5 of 14 (9,121 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Would really appreciate some suggestions.

Is there a way to maybe replace the whole Hospital lot? Can you force the action through cheats on the Chemical Analyzers? They seem to be the problem, actually. They don't accept the samples, and the "Practice" interaction doesn't show up (but does in the home lot).

Message 6 of 14 (9,092 Views)

Hero
Did you try the suggestion I made above with the freebuild cheat ?

It would be really valuable to check if it was a general issue or save game related but you didn't wanna try that.

Going to move this to tech for more troubleshooting. Maybe someone else can assist you with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (9,080 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@StrudelGR
After many patches, a large part of CC is incompatible with the game and will spoil it. You have the choice - or you will keep this broken CC and you will still have problems with the game or to check which are broken and either remove them or replace them with new versions.
Checking CC it is a price paying for using this.

Move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.

Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder.
First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same do the same with CC but you have a lot of this so try the 50/50 method

I don't work for EA
Message 8 of 14 (9,071 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did remove all CC and the problem persists. I even made a new household join the career brand new and still can't make the samples work.

Interestingly, I had an old save with a doctor, and I left her at the hospital (back then the issue wasn't there!).

In her Inventory she had 4 bio samples from back then. Two of them were clickable and I could choose "Destroy". However, she also has 2 that cannot be interacted with. Also, the Chemical Analyzer only showed that she has 2 (not 4) in the menu when I chose the Analyze option.

Again, the Practice Bio Analysis doesn't appear for her either anymore, and the samples are all greyed out in the Chemical Analyzer menu.

Message 9 of 14 (9,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@StrudelGR 
There is one mod where this method does not work. This mod places the changed files in your safe. And no switching off mods or removing mods will help. If you have animations broken in your save, then it will stay there.
So if you have any animations then you have to make a factory reset of the game as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199
You can do it even if you didn't have this mod. It helps in many cases

I don't work for EA

Message 10 of 14 (9,024 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help