Sims 4 Disc 2 "Burn to disc"

by KristenEllaBx

Original Post

Sims 4 Disc 2 "Burn to disc"

★★★ Newbie

Alright so, I just recently bought sims 4, after trouble with getting origin to work, I finally had gotten it to work, I started installing disc 1 of Sims 4, getting up to 92 percent on my installation, it tells me to insert disc 2, disc 2 being installed, it loads completely fine, but loads with nothing but "Burn to disk", it's completely blank.

I went back to the store and yet again swapped it for another one.

Finding out it has happened again, it might be apart of the installaton process.

I need help. 

Is this normal?

Message 1 of 12 (5,910 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Disc 2 "Burn to disc"

★ Apprentice
Having the completely same issue.
You're not alone in this complete ridculouslessness.
Message 2 of 12 (5,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

@KristenEllaBx  @AlyraJayne 

It's very odd that Disk 2 shows up in Windows as a blank disk. Could you examine the disk surface for any signs of damage? If you have a second PC to check with, does Disk 2 also appear blank on that one?

If Disk 2 is damaged, or continues to appear blank in Windows after removing/re-inserting it, you may need to contact EA Help to find out if it can be replaced: http://help.ea.com/ca/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4

As an alternative, you may also use Origin to download the game from our servers instead of using the disk installation process.

Finally, there is an advanced method which can be used to finish the installation to avoid waiting for a replacement disk or downloading the entire game. Using this method will let you keep the data you've already installed off Disk 1, and download the remainder of the data (approximately 500MB) from our download servers instead of from Disk 2.

If you wish to try it, follow these instructions exactly:

0) Start the Disk installation process using The Sims 4 Disk 1.

1) When the Origin prompt to insert Disk 2 appears on screen, hit Ctrl-Shift-Esc on your Keyboard to bring up Task Manager.

2a) Select the 'Processes' tab (Windows Vista/7) or 'Details' tab (Windows 8).

2b) Select Origin.exe from the list, and click the 'End Process' or 'End Tab' button.

3) Do NOT start Origin again until Step 7 or your unfinished installation will be deleted.

4) Open Windows Explorer / My Computer.

5) Paste this exactly into the Address Bar: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent

6) Delete the folder named The Sims 4. (Do NOT delete any other folders!)

7) Now start Origin again, and log into your account.

8) Right-click your The Sims 4 game tile, and select 'Download'.

9) Follow the download instructions.

10) Once the download begins, Origin will automatically detect the existing data and start your download at around 92% completed.

11) When the download/install finishes, right click your The Sims 4 game tile, and select 'Repair Game' to make sure everything is fully installed and up-to-date before playing.

Message 3 of 12 (5,795 Views)

★ Apprentice
Brand new disc, no marks at all.
Closing Origin removes all The Sims 4 from the computer so downloading the last part doesn't work for me.
I'm from australia, so getting a replacement could be an issues.
Message 4 of 12 (5,786 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Ending the Origin process from Task Manager should prevent the deletion of the incomplete Sims 4 data from the PC.

Instead of the original Step 2, since you're on Windows 7, you may have to do this instead:

2a) Select the 'Processes' tab.

2b) Select Origin.exe from the list, and click 'End Process'.

I'll update the steps in my comment to cover all OS versions better.

Message 5 of 12 (5,777 Views)

★ Apprentice
So far... This is working. Downloading the last 8%.
Will keep posted.
Message 6 of 12 (5,758 Views)

★ Apprentice
Not a perfect solution, but worked for me. Thankyou so much, saved me many tears.
Message 7 of 12 (5,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot! Its working. Your help is really appreciate!

Message 8 of 12 (4,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't have to use the second disk at all when installing? Did I do something wrong?

Message 9 of 12 (4,218 Views)

Hero

Maybe it just downloaded instead of installed from disc.

If you can play, don't worry about it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (4,208 Views)