Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack won't download

by SmoggyLambGG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack won't download

★★★★★ Apprentice

The Origin client is complaining about not being able to download the Digital Soundtrack from the Sims 4 and I'm getting a bit worried now!  Bought into the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe upgrade a long time ago before all this hullabaloo and the free month of Origin Access took precedence over it late last year. I might be concerned that the game will complain that it's missing files and attempt to re-download from wherever it's erroring out at each time I try to start it, or each time I restart my PC.

Message 1 of 17 (2,975 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack won't download

EA Sims Team

@SmoggyLambGG 

This issue should be resolved now.  Let us know if you're still experiencing the problem.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 17 (2,887 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@SmoggyLambGG What error message are you getting when trying to download it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,945 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

"We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."

Then, how am I up here complaining about it in the first place?
2020-01-23 (1).png

Where is the option in Origin client for "safe-mode downloading"?

Message 3 of 17 (2,935 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SmoggyLambGG  Please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and make sure you don't have any proxies enabled.  Please also check that your computer is synced with internet time.  You can unsync and resync if necessary.

If that doesn't help, please let me know what country you're in, and what language Origin is in.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 17 (2,923 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We're investigating the issue with the soundtrack.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 17 (2,901 Views)

EA Sims Team

@SmoggyLambGG 

This issue should be resolved now.  Let us know if you're still experiencing the problem.

Message 6 of 17 (2,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimQARobo Hi! I have the same problem and nothing seems to solve it, please help, I paid for this...
Message 7 of 17 (2,718 Views)

EA Sims Team

@kivike345 

• Does everything else download fine for you?
  • What language is your Sims 4 game installed in?

Message 8 of 17 (2,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimQARobo Yes, I mean the game itself was downloaded fine, then it started downloading the soundtrack and got a message saying "unexpected error, try again later in a few moments". Tried and it still doesn't work.
It's in English (US).
Message 9 of 17 (2,702 Views)

EA Sims Team

@kivike345 

Hmm, I'm able to download it fine.

Have you tried contacting EA Help?  https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&community=true&platform=pc

Message 10 of 17 (2,693 Views)