Sims 4 Demo button greyed out

by Hrothulfr13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Demo button greyed out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello  everyone,

I downloaded the Sims 4 Demo the 13th of August and it has been working flawlessly in terms of starting up ever since. However, suddenly today when I logged into origin and clicked on the icon as usual it didn't respond, only to find out my Sims 4 demo cover box in "My Games" greyed out as well as the "Play" button. I checked, it isn't running in the background, although recently the button disappeared and only the origin one was left on my task bar only to reappear and replace the latter when I clicked on it. If anybody has any idea, suggestion or anything as to what this may be I would be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance!

Message 1 of 13 (652 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Demo button greyed out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot, it worked. As soon as I moved the folder to the desktop (I figured it can't hurt to try until I know if it's the right folder), it updated automatically and then I got a notification saying "Ready to Play" just like when I updated Mass Effect. Do you know why this prevented the Sims 4 from fucntioning and updating properly while MassEffect was unaffected? Thanks again!

Also what was the purpose of the update: fixing bugs, graphics?

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (570 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you do the Origin update that came out yesterday ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for answering so quickly, yes I did! There was also a Sims 4 demo update I so today, I tried selecting it, thinking that might be the cause of this sudden disfunction, but I inadvertently did something that means I can't update the demo anymore

Message 3 of 13 (645 Views)

Hero

Did you try reinstalling it yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I haven't. Will all my data be deleted if I do so?

Message 5 of 13 (607 Views)

Hero

Just back up the whole folder in documents and you should be fine. You can also upload everything to the gallery

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did now, nothing seems to have bee deleted, everything is the same, except the Sims 4 demo update option is available again but still does not respond to clicking

Message 7 of 13 (603 Views)

Hero

There's others with this issue.

What country are you in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Switzerland

Message 9 of 13 (595 Views)

Hero

Oh hi fellow Swiss person then Standard smile

Well, I didn't have any issues with downloading the update myself so this is curious.

Could you check if there's any left over _Installer folder in the Origin folder in programs ? If so, close Origin, move those to the desktop and then re-open Origin and see if that does anything for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (578 Views)