Sims 4 Deleted Saved Game

by Kristen13505

Original Post

Re: SIMS 4 DELETED SAVED GAME

★★★ Newbie
When you go on the home screen you click the little save botton in the top right corner then u wave your mouse over the one you want to delete. Then a tittle cross will appear in the top corner of the save game and you click that. You have to have one game lett though. If you make a new game then save that then you can delete the last one
Message 11 of 56 (6,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had the same issue with my saved games.  I followed the instructions by deleting savedgame files, cache, etc and it worked for about a week before the game deleted the saved game again.  I followed the same steps by deleting the saved games, etc and again.....it only worked for about a week before the saved games deleted a third time.  I have had to follow those instructions 4 times.  I can't save my sims households permanently without the orange "error" message telling me that my game isn't up to date..  All progress and everything is lost after about a week of play time.  This is frustrating.  I think this game has more problems than any Sim game I've ever played.  It makes me regret having purchased it.  My computer can certainly handle the gameplay.  I'm not sure why there isn't a patch to fix this issue.  I hate getting my sims to the top of their careers , building up their skills , letting them have kids and grandkids only to have the game to continually delete all that progress.  Not fun Frown(((.  Four times....come on EA.

Message 12 of 56 (6,344 Views)

Hero

Are you using save as and not save to the autosave slot but your own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 56 (6,339 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Absolutely...  I "save as" and save in a different slot without using autosave.  It still eventually manages to delete my saved games.

Message 14 of 56 (6,337 Views)

Hero

Do you have any backups with ver0-4 ? Are the save games physically gone from your drive or do they just not load any longer ? Did you try just moving the auto save to the desktop to see if they start working again if you do ?

Also move the files to you desktop as backup on a regular basis

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 56 (6,316 Views)

★ Guide

I have a similar issue! I've played the Sims 4 a whopping 100+ hours with no problems. When I initially started playing the game I accidentally had on the option that non-playable Sims also age, which resulted in a whole lot of old people in my neighbourhood (as in in-game families like the Goths etc). After making and playing with a bunch of families I grew tired of the old people and decided to edit the existing families, add some kids and teens and adults in the mix. This worked just fine as well. However, this morning when I started my game I realised all the families I had made from scratch and played with had disappeared. All houses I have built are still there, but they're vacant, and the families that used to live there have disappeared. What happened and how can this be fixed?! It's not the end of the world because I had pretty much played myself bored of the families already, luckily the houses are still there! But I still want to avoid this happening in the future...

Message 16 of 56 (6,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The games will no longer load.  I have to keep starting over as if I'm playing for the first time. The option to load saved games isn't visible at that point.  I will try transferring files and autosave to the desktop and see how it works out. Standard smile  Thanks crinrict.

Message 17 of 56 (6,286 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So...I tried transferring my save file to the desktop.  I played the game without once using autosave.   After two days of random gameplay the game automatically changed the name of my save file from what I'd named it to something like  "Slot _000000001" all the way to "Slot_00000000004".  When I tried to save I got an "error code: 0" and couldn't save the game at all.  After exiting and trying to open the file again I got the "Windows can't open the file" error message.  I looked through the EA files on my computer and couldn't find any save file with my Sim families' name anywhere.

Message 18 of 56 (6,256 Views)

Hero

Slot00001 is the auto save,  2-4 would be the ones with save as. You can't rename the files. That's how they work.

Autosave happens automatically so you will always have one but just don't save to it.

Does none of the 2-4 work and what happens if you move the slot00001 to the desktop and try to open either 2,3 or 4 then ? Error persisting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 56 (6,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@dynako wrote:

I am having a simalar issue but instead of the game deleting my save files it is corrupting them into saying they were saved with a newer version of the game then i have installed, so i cant use them.

I have tried everything and still save files are from a "newer" version.

hey yeah i was wondering if your issue got fixed mine is giving me the same message and its really frustrating

Message 20 of 56 (6,235 Views)