Sims 4 Data is Missing or Damaged

by vntrvstwxrthy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Data is Missing or Damaged

★★★ Novice

So I’ve been having an issue for the past week with my sims 4 game. I had recently downloaded a huge batch of CC for my game which resulted in a message from Sims 4 everytime I tried to launch my game. “Files missing or damaged” I assumed it was from CC. I tried to look up ways to fix it through forums but none give a clear answer as to what I should do. If anyone knows how to help me that would be great thank you! 

Message 1 of 5 (297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Data is Missing or Damaged

@vntrvstwxrthy  If this problem happened after downloading more custom content, the issue is probably the new cc.  Try moving all the new files out of your Mods folder, and delete localthumbcache.package as well.  If that doesn't help, move the entire Mods folder to the destkop and delete localthumbcache again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (250 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
@vntrvstwxrthy did you try to repair the game in Origin? Click on the game, click on settings and select repair. Give it a try.
Message 2 of 5 (263 Views)

@vntrvstwxrthy  If this problem happened after downloading more custom content, the issue is probably the new cc.  Try moving all the new files out of your Mods folder, and delete localthumbcache.package as well.  If that doesn't help, move the entire Mods folder to the destkop and delete localthumbcache again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Rotblut I tried that and it didn’t work Frown
Message 4 of 5 (240 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you!!!! I ended up removing the entire sims 4 folder completely and adding mods back little by little. But i wouldn’t have thought of that if it wasn’t for you!! Thank you so much 😊
Message 5 of 5 (237 Views)