Sims 4 Create a Sim won't save

by Quzanne

Original Post

Sims 4 Create a Sim won't save

★★ Novice

I just downloaded the game and when I try to save my created Sim it says it is not in a mode where I can save. If I click any of the tricks I've read to save it like play or manage household or take pic it reverts the Sim back to a dumb outfit and none of the changes I made. 

Message 1 of 16 (3,535 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Create a Sim won't save

Community Manager
@Quzanne Which platform are you playing on? Also, can you share a screenshot of the exact message your getting?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 16 (3,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

20211023_151513.jpgusing pc windows 10 @EA_Illium 

Message 3 of 16 (3,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Quzanne Did you place the Sim you created in a lot and save from live mode ? Surprised it even lets you save in CAS. For me the save options are greyed out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,483 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict i have been able to save from play a couple times but more times than not when i go into play it automatically reverts my sim to something i didn't create. 

Message 5 of 16 (3,470 Views)

Hero
@Quzanne Did you click ok and not cancel ? Could you describe in more details what you're doing ? Are you starting a new save and then when you try to place them they are different or do you edit them with a cheat or just use the plan outfit option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (3,458 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict i have tried to save every way possible..i've started a sim from taking personality quiz and from scratch...created outfit from generator and from random choice...

Message 7 of 16 (3,445 Views)

Hero
@Quzanne But on a new save or are you creating the Sim from an existing save game ?

1. Start a new save
2. Go to CAS
3. Create your Sim
4. Place the Sim in a save game
5. Save your game

And that didn't work ?

Or did you

1. Load save game
2. Load existing family
3. Take that Sim to CAS via Plan outfit
4. Make change sin CAS
5. Went back to Live mode but the changes reverted

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (3,433 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict new

Message 9 of 16 (3,416 Views)

Hero
@Quzanne so what does it revert to when you place it in the game. You can't save in CAS. you need to save in the game. After you placed the Sim to a lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (3,411 Views)