Re: Sims 4 Create A Sim Has Stopped Working

by MasakoStar

Original Post

Hero

Try if it starts if you put Origin in offline mode. If it doens't work, please open your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 44 (967 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. My computer already has high enough specs to run the game, and I have not had this problem with any other Sims (or EA) game.

BEX errors can generally be solved by turning of the DEP for the program. My processor supports this, but the actual application will not allow me to do this.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, and tried it in both online and offline modes, but have only gotten a "window" the size of the application overbar.

It's unpleasant, to say the least.

How do I go about this?

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: TS4CAS.exe
Application Version: 1.0.233.190
Application Timestamp: 02003040
Fault Module Name: igd10umd32.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4aba7282
Exception Offset: 094a1310
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d611
Additional Information 2: d611363773077594bfcf50854afab52c
Additional Information 3: 01ac
Additional Information 4: 01ac7fb6b179b8ac41895ad5c2ee38cb

Message 22 of 44 (914 Views)

Hero

Yeah, for some reason the Demo can't be added to DEP.

Did you make sure your graphics drivers are updated ? Maybe reinstall them ?

Do you just have an Intel Chip or also a graphcis card in your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 44 (909 Views)

★★ Novice

Just checked my drivers, all of them are updated.

I have a graphics card, and it looks like it checks out with the sims 3 system requirements, too.

I still am not sure what the actual error is. It has a name, so it should be tracable to something (though that is probably why messing with the DEP works). I was reading on it earlier and it looks like it can happen pretty randomly and regardless of the program type. Some people got it just from opening up internet browsers.

*goes to google it on IT forums

Looks like it is caused by "invalid system references" or bad registry files. It mentions that the OS can cause these problems as it gets older, but I upgraded my OS to Windows 7 this year, and it has been getting updates to keep everything in check.

Malware (trusted source) or an incorrect installation (tried multiple times), and registry errors.

They have software available there that is supposed to fix BEX errors, but comments on it say that it is malicious, so I am going to stay clear.

I might try defragging and a full virus scan. They aren't stated as solutions to any of this, but it can't hurt.

Message 24 of 44 (902 Views)

Hero

I goggled the the faulty dll and igd10umd32.dll seems to be part of Intel chip so I'm wondering if you also have a chip and if the game is running on that by accident.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 44 (889 Views)

★★ Novice

That might be it. How do I manage what the game tries to run on?

Message 26 of 44 (885 Views)

Hero

What do you have ? Nvidia or Radeon ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 44 (883 Views)

★★ Novice

Nvidia.

Message 28 of 44 (879 Views)

Hero

Could you keep to one thread ? It's getting a bit confusing. Thanks.

Try this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/getting-the-game-to-recognize-your-card.html (part where it says you have two cards). Not sure what the demo exe is called atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 44 (873 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry about jumping around in threads-- I just noticed someone found a solution and went from there. (Setting it to compatibility mode didn't work either. No "real" information, just that my computer is incompatible, no information on the reason why.)

Since it still isn't working, I think it may be an issue of how my computer "views" the game. Something outside of firewall or whatever defenses the computer has deep in its files.

I am going to try defragging (after a back up). It sometimes helps, and makes the computer faster anyway.

If that doesn't work, I will try it on another computer and just avoid the problem altogether.

Message 30 of 44 (862 Views)