Sims 4 Crashing

by ghoulnut666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Crashing

★★★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to load up The Sims 4 it keeps crashing on the loading page. I do not need the legacy edition for my laptop is 64-bit. I have tried logging out, closing out of the launcher, and restarting my laptop but nothing is working. Any suggestions on what to do? Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Crashing

@ghoulnut666  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

Please move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will be created with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet, just test and see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  If the game does work with the new folder, you can start copying your content into it from the old folder and testing.  Let me know if you need help with this process.

If you still get crashes with the clean game folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (354 Views)

All Replies

@ghoulnut666  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

Please move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will be created with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet, just test and see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  If the game does work with the new folder, you can start copying your content into it from the old folder and testing.  Let me know if you need help with this process.

If you still get crashes with the clean game folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!! This worked for me thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (345 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict whenever i try to travel it crashes again and does the same thing at the loading screen ._.
Message 4 of 5 (281 Views)

@ghoulnut666  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then test again.

Message 5 of 5 (246 Views)