Sims 4 Crashing since Windows 11

by OxfordGirl

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashing since Windows 11

★★★ Novice

Hi all,

I have a completely clean game, no mods, no CC, I have factory reset it, I have repaired it, and yet it it is still constantly crashing. I can't run it for more than about 20 minutes. It's started since installing Windows 11.

Anyone else having similar issues? I have been combing through other topics to try and resolve it without having to create a new one, but I'm coming up with nothing. I've attached my last crash file if that's of any help (as a word doc as it won't let me attached the TXT). I'm absolutely stumped. 

My graphics card driver is up to date, windows is up to date, game is up to date (and repaired). Completely stuck.

Any help appreciated!

Message 1 of 12 (1,402 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing since Windows 11

Champion (Retired)

@OxfordGirl 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you @jpkarlsen Hopefully this helps! I'm so lost for what to do next.

Message 3 of 12 (1,339 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OxfordGirl 

Your Graphics Driver is very old. Please visit nvidia.com to upgrade it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, I had checked it via my computer settings and asking it to check my drivers rather than going to nvidia - downloading it now! Hopefully this will sort it, I will keep you posted. Help very much appreciated, so thanks again.

Message 5 of 12 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen I've updated the driver and it's still crashing, do you have any other ideas? Thanks again for your help so far

Message 6 of 12 (1,279 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OxfordGirl 

Please try to perform a clean boot and see if the game works better.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Do not start anything but the game.

Message 7 of 12 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen Still no joy! I can play for about 15-30 minutes as usual before it crashes.

Message 8 of 12 (1,260 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OxfordGirl 

Please use a tool such as hwinfo (google it) to monitor the temperature of CPU and GPU before the crash. The free edition is fine.

Message 9 of 12 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen downloaded it, not sure what I’m looking for now that it’s loaded, what do I need to do? 

Message 10 of 12 (1,244 Views)