Re: Sims 4 Crashing on Startup - White Screen

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup - White Screen

★ Novice

Hi, I've been having issues with the sims 4 crashing instantly upon pressing play. It will usually pull up a white screen for a couple seconds and immediately close.
What I have attempted thus far:

Starting in windowed mode, starting without origin overlay, repairing/verifying game files, fresh install of origin client, origin cache has been cleared, running origin as admin, sims 4 cache has been cleared, fresh install of base game, and restarting computer.

My graphics drivers are up to date and all other drivers are up to date as far as I know. I do not have any mods or custom content installed. I have attached the DxDiag.

Not sure where to go from here, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (1,739 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@zoestertoasterr Are you using Afterburner and/or Riva Tuner ?

They seem to have a conflict with Sims 4 currently. Try turning it off while you play

BTW, thanks for the thorough report and describing what you've tried. Wish everyone would make a report like that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,727 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@zoestertoasterr Are you using Afterburner and/or Riva Tuner ?

They seem to have a conflict with Sims 4 currently. Try turning it off while you play

BTW, thanks for the thorough report and describing what you've tried. Wish everyone would make a report like that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,728 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict It definitely is an issue with Afterburner and Riva tuner, I do use both! The game runs perfectly fine when they are turned off. Hopefully this gets fixed, thanks for the help! Standard smile
Message 3 of 5 (1,692 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@zoestertoasterr Glad to hear you solved it. Not sure who needs to fix this. Probably needs to be a joint fix or something :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

im having the same problem , can u help please ?

Message 5 of 5 (1,019 Views)