Sims 4 Crashing on Start-Up After Installing Cats and Dogs

by millymoobags

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashing on Start-Up After Installing Cats and Dogs

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I've had Sims 4 since Sep/Oct 2017, and had to download onto an external hard-drive since my laptop has really small storage otherwise (it has 29.1gb, with 26.5 of that being taken up through updates). The laptop is an Acer Aspire. I never experienced any problems before, apart from being laggy/slow, but that's to be expected.

But a couple of days ago, I installed Cats and Dogs. At first it was fine- I got to see the new world, and everything, but as soon as I went onto 'Create A Pet', it crashed. After that, it won't let me get pass the 'Maxis' screen on start-up- I can't even get onto the Main Menu- before it crashes. When it crashes, it will only have the 'Minimise' and 'X' buttons (usually found in the top right corner) and they'll be in the middle of the screen.

I've rebooted the laptop, scanned for viruses, 'repaired' the game and searched for anything that could be wrong, but come to nothing. I have no clue what to do and feel that I've wasted £35 (on C&D) and £35 on the actual game, because it's now unplayable.

I'm not really good with computers, but any help's appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (203 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing on Start-Up After Installing Cats and Dogs

Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)