Re: Sims 4 Crashing On Launch

by luhhpogee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Crashing On Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I recently upgraded my PC (a few months ago) and since then, I haven't been able to launch The Sims 4. All of my new specs meet the minimum requirements to be able to run the game. My previous PC was also able to run it. However, things seemed to stop working after Feb.15th.

Right now, I'll maybe get as far as the animated Sims 4 logo before my whole screen goes black and the program quits to my desktop. No error message or anything. 

I've done a lot of different things to try and fix it... To name a few:

-Clearing Origin Cache

-Clearing EA  Play Cache 

-Uninstalling and Reinstalling Origin as well as the Sims

-Repairing the game

-Make sure the game .exe and Origin had access through my firewall

I have no mods or cc. I'm at a little bit of a loss here! I have no idea what happened. Frown

If it helps, I've attached a dxdiag file. Thanks in advance Heart

Message 1 of 5 (697 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@luhhpogee  Please try playing in a new admin Windows account.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into your current Origin account and won't need to redownload anything.

If that alone doesn't help, please try playing in a clean boot in that account while your computer is offline.  You can put Origin in offline mode and then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (645 Views)

All Replies

@luhhpogee  Please try shutting down any Razer software in the Task Manager before you play.  You'll need to go through the whole list of background processes.

If that doesn't help, try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you reboot, go through the Task Manager's background processes list shutting down anything that doesn't absolutely need to be running.  (Anything from RGB software to MSI Afterburner might still be active.)  If you accidentally kill the wrong process and it doesn't restart automatically, just reboot your computer again.

Message 2 of 5 (672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried doing both and I'm still getting the same problem Frown

Message 3 of 5 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]

@luhhpogee  Please try playing in a new admin Windows account.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into your current Origin account and won't need to redownload anything.

If that alone doesn't help, please try playing in a clean boot in that account while your computer is offline.  You can put Origin in offline mode and then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

Message 4 of 5 (646 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hi! so sorry for the late reply. It turns out there was something wrong with my system in general. I have no idea what it could've been but I had to do a fresh install of windows and now things work. Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it! Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (495 Views)