by nattygirl17

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashing As Soon as I Click Play on Household

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most updated version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for the ones I do not own which are as follows: Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, All Kits. (And of course the cottage one as it has not been released yet)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by "playing" the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The game loads, I get to saves, I load them, the game runs fine. I click the household I want to play and click play. The game then loads and... crashes. No error message or anything. Just... shuts down and loads up Origin. I tried to start a new game too in case it was just saves that were the problem but it crashes as soon as I put them in a home or lot, no matter how much time I spend in CAS.
What do you expect to see? The game not crashing and actually letting me play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest game update.

I have already tried to repair the game, checked that my specs on my laptop are compatible (as they should be since I was playing the game just fine with no issues 4 days ago!) and uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. I have checked to make sure my CPU isn't overclocking. I have done literally everything I can find on the internet and STILL cannot figure out why it is crashing. And it doesn't even give me an error message. Everything is fine until I try to click on a house/household whether or not the sim is mine or a townie. As soon as I click to enter the actual game (besides just CAS because that still is fine) my game just closes. It loads and then closes and brings me back to origin. I have been playing a challenge save file for over a year and I reallllyyy would like to get this working again. Please help if you have any suggestions! And thank you if you are able!

Message 1 of 8 (2,227 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing As Soon as I Click Play on Household

Champion (Retired)

@nattygirl17 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (2,177 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I do not have any mods and have not had any mods for over a year. I do not like having them as they are too much of a hassle to maintain and keep up with when I have college classes as well as a job. I have already deleted the local thumb cache package, clearing up files like that was the first thing I did. I will try to move my mods folder even though there is nothing in it but I am positive that will not make any difference since I do not have anything in it.
Message 3 of 8 (2,155 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nattygirl17 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (2,150 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen added it to my original post. To add some more information, my drivers are fully updated as well as my laptop itself (checked everything fully yesterday before posting this). The game first started crashing after I updated it with the latest patch update that the sims team sent out. I do not know it that means anything substantial or not.
Message 5 of 8 (2,139 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nattygirl17 

There are some errors. Please run this command from an administrative command prompt. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Also check with the manufacturer for new drivers.

Message 6 of 8 (2,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

EDITED

When I try to run any of the DISM commands as an administrative command prompt it tells me "Error: 87 _______ option is unknown" (Underscore section is for any of the command prompts I have tried.) Perhaps you can look at the .log and see something I am missing and can help further? Sorry if this is bothersome... I just really want to get this figured out. 

It will not let me attach the DISM.log because it is too large a file. How can I get you the information that is needed to help?

Edit: I got the command to run but now it is taking a while to run. Will update with a separate reply when it is done what it tells me.

Message 7 of 8 (2,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm currently having the same issue, haven't figured out how to fix it yet...

Message 8 of 8 (1,348 Views)