Re: Sims 4 Crashing After Startup

by lhazeb

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashing After Startup

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My Sims 4 crashes right after startup, every time I try to go back into it, it opens and then crashes again right away but is still running on my laptop. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and Origin. I don't use custom content/mods. I've removed my saves and added them one by one, but it crashes no matter what combination I use. I've used every trick I could find on the internet, including repairing the game on Origin. Is there anything else I can do? It was working fine since I downloaded it 5 months ago and suddenly it doesn't open. 

Message 1 of 6 (325 Views)

@lhazeb

Did you follow this troubleshooting step completely? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I took a look at the link you sent me. I actually have a Dell laptop so most of the website's helpful posts don't apply to me. I did take a look at your "#3" post on that thread and I've completed all of the steps listed there - nothing has changed (the game still crashes upon startup). I wonder if your "#8" post can apply to me, do you have the instructions for Windows software? 

Message 3 of 6 (281 Views)

@lhazeb

No, this is the Mac forum. Moving the thread to the PC forum for Windows help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 6 (266 Views)

Hero

Hi @lhazeb 

Could you please post the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I didn't have the file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt, but I'll upload the DxDiag.txt report file and the config.log file to this post. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 6 (242 Views)