Re: Sims 4 Crashes when loading into household

by baconkate572

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I followed all of those steps multiple times, I've tried using different save file versions (as this is the only save file I have that isn't loading the actual gameplay and crashes when I enter the household), and it works for about 5 seconds before crashing now. I really hope that EA fixes these issues soon because I had been playing with the family for 2 years.

Message 21 of 34 (2,542 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no cc, no mods, repaired the game 3 times, and this is still happening to me.  everytime i load the game and select my family, the game crashes in the load screen.  this is really ticking me off.  i have restarted my computer, ant looked through forums, and no answer fits my situation.  so what now??

Message 22 of 34 (2,468 Views)

@Tyne35721  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Do you have OneDrive or iCloud set to automatically sync the contents of your Documents folder with cloud storage?  If so, please disable it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 34 (2,461 Views)

★★ Novice

Windows, and no cloud storage link up anything, i ended up deleting a bunch of folders and getting rid of all my old saved games.  restarting it seems, bummer is i deleted saved lots in my library on accident, and not all i uploaded.....like i said, bummer.  now its working fine.

Message 24 of 34 (2,429 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having issue same as the author. I am unable to play my Sims even though i repair, update and removed mods to another folder yet the game is still unable to start. I am using Windows 10 btw. 

Message 25 of 34 (1,936 Views)

Hero
@babyling91 It's best if you stick to one thread. I'm already trying to help you in your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 34 (1,935 Views)

★ Novice

I dont have mods and my game is still crashing

Message 27 of 34 (1,876 Views)

Hero

Hi @baconkate572 

crashes have some many reasons.

Here's a few troubleshooting steps you can take: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Sims-4-Crashes/m-p/3586547

If none of these help you, please create your own thread, providing the following information

• Your Computer's DxDiag. You can attach the file directly to your post.
  • Any critical events you find.
  • Attach the content of this file documents\electronicarts\thesims4\lastcrash.txt(or variations of it). You can attach the file directly to your post.
  • Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?
  • At what point does your game crash ?
  • Is the crashing random or is there a pattern ?
  • Is it an occasional crash or constant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 34 (1,842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't work in EA or anything but you could give this a shot.

try going into C:/Users/<name>/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4.

There's a file called localthumbcache.package.

Maybe try delete that folder. It worked for me.

Let me know if it works!

Message 29 of 34 (1,747 Views)

★★ Novice

a household causing crashing

Message 30 of 34 (1,503 Views)