Sims 4 Crashes - my DxDiag

by DogNamedNico

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Crashes - my DxDiag

★★★★★ Novice

My Sims 4 game is crashing and I tried everything available. 

• my DxDiag file is attached
  • the first critical event in which the Sims crashed - it kept crashing every time I tried to play after that - is also attached
  • my last crash is also attached
  • I am NOT using any cc or mods, although there appears to be one mod in my EA folder called "Resource.cfg" (I don't remember installing it, and I don't know what it does)
  • the game crashes when I click on my household in-game and click "Play," after I have selected a save game but before I can actually play
  • it is a constant, patterned crash; I have not been able to play since the recent update
  • I tried lowering the graphics to low medium quality, but that did not work

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

Message 1 of 5 (494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Crashes - my DxDiag

★★★★★ Novice

I updated the firmware of my laptop and that didn't work, but clicking on a different household, then switching back to my original household worked. Thanks for the tips!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (421 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

sorry, my last crash file won't attach for some reason

Message 2 of 5 (487 Views)

@DogNamedNico  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will be created with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If that doesn't help, try updating your graphics card driver.  It's a year and a half old, and Dell offers a newer one for your model laptop.  Go here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-13-9370-laptop/drivers

click Show all 67 Downloads, scroll to the bottom, and download the Intel HD Graphics driver.  After you run it, restart your computer before testing the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I've actually already tried the first two suggestions, so I'll look into a new graphics card driver and get back to this thread ASAP.

Message 4 of 5 (463 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I updated the firmware of my laptop and that didn't work, but clicking on a different household, then switching back to my original household worked. Thanks for the tips!

Message 5 of 5 (422 Views)