Re: Sims 4 Crashes after 5 minutes of play

by Vetti666

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashes after 5 minutes of play

★★★★ Novice

Sims 4 constantly crashes within five minutes of trying to play on a lot or when in a world. I'm playing off a fresh install of Windows 7, as I was having the same problem on Windows 10 and wanted to eliminate an bad OS update on 10 as a problem. Game is also fresh install, no CC, no old saves, items in tray ect. I have the following Expansions/Game Packs/ Stuff Packs:

Expansions: 

Get to work

Get Together

City Living

Seasons

Get Famous

Game Packs: 

Outdoor Retreat

Spa Day

Parenthood 

Vampires

Stuff Packs

Backyard Stuff

Cool Kitchen Stuff

Luxury Party Stuff

Perfect Patio Stuff

Romantic Garden Stuff

Spooky Stuff

Vintage Glamour Stuff

Video Card is an RX 480 and is running the newest optional driver 19.5.1 as World of Warcraft won't run on anything but the latest driver. Clean install of the driver, updated just yesterday after removing previous driver with DDU in safe mode. Peripherals include a Steel Series Merc Stealth keyboard, updated to the latest Z engine driver and my mouse is a Logitech Proteus Core. Have attached DXdiag to the post. Hardware is not an issue here, everything has been tested multiple times and is nearly brand new in most cases. Power supply, ram, mb, hdd, and ssd, gpu, all functioning as intended on other launchers such as Steam. Steam games also run without issues. 

I have done the following:

Clean "Hard" uninstall of Origin.

Reinstall of Origin

Re-download/repair of base game /expansions

Tried running Origin/Sims 4 in Clean Boot

Tried running Origin/Sims 4 in 64/32 bit versions (same result)

Clean OS 

Redownload C++ files needed to run the Sims 4/ Origin. Reinstalled them just in case of corruption. 

Ran Games without the origin features enable.

Disabled all unnecessary origin features.

Played in offline mode with updates disabled (after the game had fully updated and files had checked out in verification ) (Same result)

Disconnected  from the internet as that sometimes causes origin to keep trying to connect even though I put it in offline mode.

Not installing origin game folder in Program files, as it is said to have conflicts at times. Its currently installed on my D drive which has up to 1T of space and nothing but WoW and Crusader Kings II currently installed on it. 

Installed Origin in its own folder on D as well not in program files. 

Document Files for User are also stored on D. 

Made exceptions for every Origin folder on the computer in AVG. I'm running internet security the latest version not free. 

Windows defender is turned off.

Disabling sound, to try and see if it was a sound driver conflict. I am running the latest realtec driver and my logitech Z623 sound system has no drivers.

The crashes are either a black screen/freeze that never recovers and forces me to hard boot, (holding down power key to force a restart); at which point I boot in safe mode to rebuild the directory before restarting and going back to the actual live OS. Or it simply freezes and I can open the task manager and force the program to close. During option two I get "The sims 4 has stopped working" windows notification. 

At this point I'm really at wits end on what could be causing this issue I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I would really just like to play again.

Message 1 of 20 (2,589 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

For testing purposes please disable AVG (while not connected to the Internet) and see if that works.

If none of the above works please post the contents of the lastcrash.txt file in a spoiler tag (Yellow icon in compose window) you can not attach this file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 20 (2,568 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I have no mods or CC installed. It is clean with only base game and expansion/game/stuff pack things installed. I disabled Avg as advised while not connected to the internet and ran the game, with origin in offline mode and origin in game disabled as well as all unnecessary origin features. Got the Sims 4 has stopped working crash in 5 minutes again. Will post last crash in next post.

Message 3 of 20 (2,542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lastcrash.txt is too large and exceeds the character limit, what would you suggest I do now?

Message 4 of 20 (2,538 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Put it on a filesharing site such as Onedrive or dropbox and post a link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 20 (2,536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gk2dsc58j2g4mch/lastCrash.txt?dl=0        Link is now up please let me know if it doesn't work.

Message 6 of 20 (2,522 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That unfortunately didn't tell me much. Please try to start the game in windowed mode as explained here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/start-game-in-windowed-mode/

See if it will run like that.

Message 7 of 20 (2,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright I will try that when I  get back from traveling, thank you for your continued support. 

Message 8 of 20 (2,445 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried to run it in windowed mode, it locked up five minutes in, I was forced to hard boot the pc. Was on a lot trying to build a starter home like all the other tests I've done. 

Message 9 of 20 (2,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After further testing I've finally gotten it to give me something that might help narrow it down:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: TS4_x64.exe
Application Version: 1.51.77.1020
Application Timestamp: 5cb67038
Fault Module Name: TS4_x64.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.51.77.1020
Fault Module Timestamp: 5cb67038
Exception Offset: 0000000000ddc9e8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 6fb1
Additional Information 2: 6fb1333389b017bb6a54a7b3cfd95d60
Additional Information 3: 9a8d
Additional Information 4: 9a8dee8d5c0cc15fae4d8ae305b61b21

I am running all the latest drivers, and even got the game to play nice for a whole day, but now the crashing is back and it gives this error specifically. No freezing, or black screen now. I've made sure to run the 64 bit exe as administrator and have it checked to run in compatibility mode for windows 7. No mods or CC as before. All of the options for origin are turned off. Origin in game is also disabled. The game is up to date, and I'm well over the system specs. All my other games are playing nice, including steam games, but for some reason the Sims 4 is throwing this error now. 

Message 10 of 20 (2,364 Views)